X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for LEO’s or EMS

Question guys I am profoundly hearing impaired and just purchased some
    Driver is deaf stickers
    Where do I place them on my trucks so LEO and EMS will see them if I get pulled over or have a accident?
    My HI package didn’t include a placement recommendation
    I am also required to have handicapped plates and have for years

And also am looking for signage to put in both front and rear doors at the house
    Attached Files

Originally posted by pilar View Post
    Question guys I am profoundly hearing impaired and just purchased some
    Driver is deaf stickers
    Where do I place them on my trucks so LEO and EMS will see them if I get pulled over or have a accident?
    My HI package didn’t include a placement recommendation
    I am also required to have handicapped plates and have for years

And also am looking for signage to put in both front and rear doors at the house
    The back of the card on sun visors and one in the wallet with DL
    Attached Files

Comment

Drivers side of the rear window would be my preference. Maybe another on a placard to hand with your id

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Visor. I’ll don’t pay any mind to stickers on windows. More important stuff to look at during an approach.

Comment

How big are the stickers?? If it was close to the same size as the inspection, I would place it right above / below if not preferred as suggested on the drivers rear window on the upper / lower left corner

Comment

Might even get a note pad to write back and forth with officer.

Back drivers side rear window is where I would put the sticker.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              How big are the stickers?? If it was close to the same size as the inspection, I would place it right above / below if not preferred as suggested on the drivers rear window on the upper / lower left corner
              Size 3x5 and reflective white and blue
              The id and instructions to communicate is TDL size
              The visors are 10x12 with instruction on the back ( I guess I am supposed to put hands out the window while holding the sign? )

Comment

Back button

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by snowflake killa View Post
                  back button

sent from my moto z (2) using tapatalk
                  y a r

Comment

Check out Transportation Code 502.061. Essentially, new legislation went into effect September 1st that gives you the ability to disclose your impairment when you register your vehicle. This can then be attached to your license plate return when your plate is ran. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                      Size 3x5 and reflective white and blue
                      The id and instructions to communicate is TDL size
                      The visors are 10x12 with instruction on the back ( I guess I am supposed to put hands out the window while holding the sign? )
                      I would Just put it above/below your inspection as they are gonna look for expiration, the drivers rear window or on the bumper right next to the Lic Plate will gain attn unless you've been driving in the snots....forget the visor & don't overthink it as I doubt you get pulled over more than 1x-2x per year. I drove 80k-100k per year & got a warnings every 3-4 months in the most congested LE traffic in greater 48 the past four years.

Hand out an official tbh GOF biz card paper clipped to your DL explaining this assumed chipped shoulder attitude you own & to be aware of any arse whooping coming to any LE should they give back any lip. There is no place for disrespect of the uber elderly who really should be concerned with their eyesight & loss of what would normally be instant reaction to your situational awareness.

I finally convinced my 91yr old gramp to quit driving when he made a left at major intersection right into a bright red hummer...told me he never heard it coming??

Comment

IMO by the inspection does no good. 99 out of 100 stops I made I already knew when the sticker expired before the lights even came on. Especially now since the inspection and registration are tied together.

Comment

Interesting. Not trying to get off track, but I’m hearing impaired also and need this. How did you go about getting registered? Place on visor.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            IMO by the inspection does no good. 99 out of 100 stops I made I already knew when the sticker expired before the lights even came on. Especially now since the inspection and registration are tied together.
                            I agree with you.

The problem with hearing impaired is not communication with the driver once contact is made. The newest rookie can figure out to take his notepad out and start writing back-and-forth.

The biggest problem is on the approach when we are giving directions to the driver such as, put your hands on the steering wheel and the driver is not responding. If I know that the driver might be hearing impaired, I can change my approach. If the driver is not going along with my commands, I am sure not going to walk past the drivers window to look near an inspection sticker.

The most obvious place to get my attention on all traffic stops is the back left driver’s side in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                            X