No announcement yet.

Vortex vs Leopold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Leupold and Vortex glass on my rifles. I like them both but if I had to choose it would be Leupold.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Freedom series uses the previous generation VX3 glass. Rifleman is lower quality glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Is this for real? If so, the Freedom series seems like a real good buy!

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
        Is this for real? If so, the Freedom series seems like a real good buy!

Yes that’s for real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Another plus for Leupold is the Forever Warranty - which means it doesn't matter if you are the 10th owner of that scope - it's covered under warranty.

So, buying your Leupold used is always an option.

Comment

Leupold gets the nod from me ... Redfield is just as good as Leupold is manufacturing them now ...

Comment

I would give Athlon a shot I really like mine .

Comment

Leupy.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
                  Leupold gets the nod from me ... Redfield is just as good as Leupold is manufacturing them now ...
                  Caution - this is only true of the Redfield Revolution - for which I am a big fan off. A goto scope for me, I have several.

But all of the rest of the Redfield scopes Are Not made in USA.

Comment

Low end leupold vs low end vortex? Easy: leupold.

Get up into razor prices and you'd have a harder decision.

Comment

I feel like it depends on how you hunt. I've been to places that have 100yd shots that Vortex would do the trick. I've also been on ranches where I was 300 yards away. I think the situation dictates your decision. Thats why I have multiple rifles with different set-ups.

Comment

If you can get ahold of both brands of scope at a comparable price point and look through them side by side at first or last light, you'll see exactly why Leupold is highly recommended.

Comment

Gold ring

Comment

Where are Vortex made? That's what I thought...Leupold all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                              If you can get ahold of both brands of scope at a comparable price point and look through them side by side at first or last light, you'll see exactly why Leupold is highly recommended.
                              This has been my experience as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                                Low end leupold vs low end vortex? Easy: leupold.

Get up into razor prices and you'd have a harder decision.
                                Not sure I follow. From the research I’ve done, the VX5/6HD scopes are optically BETTER than many Zeiss and Swaros. Not necessarily better all around, but that’s a serious compliment.

Comment

Working...
                                X