Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fastest you have been pulled over with a warning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is some good reading for a saturday morning with my coffee.

Not real sure of the actual speed but somewhere around 120+ in a 35. It was my Jack Azz buddies fault we got stopped...he just haaaaaad to pop a wheelie. Anyways, that SO was about 5'8 ( we are 6'3 ish) and hotter than a ticks azz on a August afternoon. We ended up makin it home with our bikes and nothin else more than an azz chewing.

Hopefully my jack azz buddy reads this.
    Last edited by J-Carp; 03-09-2019, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
      80 in a 20 mph school zone bygod.

Skinny
      I got wrote up for 40 in a 20 school zone. That ticket was not pretty. Cost me right at $1000.

Comment

My Dad got a warning ticket one time in Dallas on Stemmons Fwy for going 40 in a 60. Cop told him to speed it up cause he had traffic backed up all the way to Carrolton. My Dad was bad about taking off in second gear and only shifting up to 3rd and staying there. He was never in a hurry in his little 76 Toyota PU.

Comment

This thread has the potential to be the all-time leader in complete unverifiable bull**** in TBH history. We'll never know which are true and which are not, but they'll all be entertaining.

Comment

My first time I ever got stopped. I had just taken my driving test a week earlier, I was in school I got called to the office, I was told there was a family emergency. I got there and there was a phone call for me, it was my step father telling me he and David were in Falfurrias at the Chevy dealer, David's Suburban had a leaking water pump. He was obviously drunk, and forgot all of the guns, he tried to go hunting without me, but was so drunk, he forgot to go home and get the guns. So he called me at school told the school there was a family emergency, so they let me out of school. I went home loaded up all the guns, I knew we would normally take and a bunch of gear in the back of his car.
            I left Ingleside, went through Corpus, Robstown, then was going through Kingsville, when I looked down and there was no speedometer needle on the old Olds. I thought I broke the speedometer, I was moving along pretty good. I slammed on the brakes in a panic and the needle popped back up from behind a panel on the dash, so it was not broken off. Shortly after that, I passed up a pickup with a light on the roof, looked like a oil field company truck to me, I did not worry about it. Going around that S curve just south of Kingsville, I noticed there was a flashing red light behind me, I also noticed that truck seemed to be trying to keep up, but was not doing a very good job. I thought a DPS was behind the truck, but when on that S curve, I realized the red flashing light was in the truck. I realized shortly afterwards, that truck was trying to catch me. I slowed down and it got on my bumper, with a old guy driving and not looking happy at all.

I pulled over got out and went to meet the officer, turns out it was the Kleberg County Sherriff, he was not happy. I went back to meet him at his truck, because, I had the back seat of the car covered with guns, ammo and gear, then I was going way beyond the speed limit, heading towards Mexico. He wanted my driver's license, I only had a yellow piece of paper saying I had passed my driving test. I knew I would not be seeing my driver's license for a long time.
            He took my license, then said, you know it was a good thing you pulled over, I could not catch you, so I had to call the interceptor car. I was pretty scared at this point, then a car went flying past, had to be doing 140 mph, popped on it's lights as it went by, then hit the brakes. Shortly afterwards multiple DPS cars went by. I knew I was in a lot of trouble. He said, have you ever heard that old line about you are in my county now boy? I said yes. He said, well you are in my county now boy, you don't speed through my county. I apologized. He chewed me out for a while, I was pretty scared, thinking I am likely going to jail, definitely not getting my actual driver's license. Then he asked, are you Roy's boy, I said yes. He told me, he had better not ever catch me speeding in Kleberg County again, gave me my yellow paper back and told me to drive carefully. I just stood there shaking, stunned, then realized, he was letting me go.
            I got back in the car and slowly got up to speed, then did not break the 55 mph speed limit. The whole time, I had their interceptor car and a couple of DPS following me, all the way to Rivera. At Rivera they turned around and I turned in Rivera and went to Falfurrias.

That has been the one and only time I have ever gotten a warning when actually going more than 3 mph over the speed limit. I don't know how fast I was going, neither did he, but I was a good ways over the speed limit. A few months later, my step father asked me, if I had gotten pulled over in Kleberg County by the Kleberg Sherriff, I said yes. He just shoot his head and said you got lucky. Back then, he knew all of the Sherriffs in all of the south Texas counties, because he hauled drilling rigs all over south Texas back then. He also knew a lot of the DPS officers.

Comment

65 in a 55. Sheriffs deputy. He was doing 50 so I passed him. Wifey in the pass. seat starts b****ing that I should not have passed him. He lights me up, says I was doing 10 over when I passed him. Wife sittin there gripin the whole time. I finally told her to stf up. Deputy handed me the warning ticket and walked away laughing.

Comment

I was dating a girl in Clear Lake and took her out for pizza that didn't sit well on my stomach. Drove I-45 back to Spring about midnight doing 80 (limit was 55) while puking in a big zip-loc and got pulled over by DPS around Rankin Road.

Officer: What reason do you have for driving so fast?

Me: I ate a pizza that made me sick and I'm just trying to get home as soon as I can.

Officer: You don't look sick. Your eyes are all red and you look like you've been drinking. Have you been drinking?

Me:No Sir.

Officer: Well you don't look sick. I think you've been drinking.

Me: Sir, I have this bag of vomit (holding it up for him to see) if you would like to see it.

Officer: Just slow down. (as he walks back to his car)

Comment

got stopped for 118 in a 65 on the beltway... got away with a failure to signal lane change

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                    80 on a feeder road in Texas City. Cop was just plain cool.

Most interesting warning.... 76 in a 55 in Colorado City. Had no idea we were going through a polygamist colony, and the cop wanted to know why we were there more than how fast we were going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    I bet I know who that cop WASN'T in Texas City. There was one that recently retired and ran laser. He never cut anyone any slack.

Comment

95 in an 80...I-10 between S.A. and El Paso. Cop was very agitated and geared up to ticket me but as soon as I presented my CHL & DL his demeanor changed instantly...like flipping a light switch, it was very strange. He was very friendly after that and issued the warning and asked that I slow down.

Comment

Wait. These sort of things really happen?

[emoji16]

I gave a warning for 102 in a 45 on spring cypress one night

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                          When I was 16 I past a cop in an unmarked truck going 95 in a 60.. and got a warning. Never got that lucky again.

I was chasing a dodge charger in 1976-77 in my 1970 El Camino easily after midnight. I was going a little over 100 when I passed a highway patrol that I came up on over a small hill. He did not stop either of us. I was 18 and thought I was bulletproof. We did and got away with things then that you could not today.

Comment

I didn't get stopped or a warning. But in 1985 I blew by a La. State Trooper some where north of 130 in my Audio Coupe Quattro. I had just had a new turbo installed.

Comment

65 in a 25 trying to get home one morning to park my car and get into my truck so I could head to the lease. Fire Dept helped me agin.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                                I didn't get stopped or a warning. But in 1985 I blew by a La. State Trooper some where north of 130 in my Audio Coupe Quattro. I had just had a new turbo installed.

You win.

Comment

Working...
                                X