No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice deer men. Still waiting on Mr. Big to show.

Comment

Now we're gettin' somewhere! Good to see some LDP's in this thread!!

Johnny, that's gonna be some good eatin'! Looks like a good fat young 'un!
      Jason, tell your buddy Congratulations on a fine East Texas 8! What a hoss of a body on him to match those horns...
      And ETM, that's about as fat as they get right there!! He's been chowin' down on some "akerns" for sure!! Good on you for takin' him out too!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

Jason, tell your buddy Congratulations on a fine East Texas 8! What a hoss of a body on him to match those horns...
        And ETM, that's about as fat as they get right there!! He's been chowin' down on some "akerns" for sure!! Good on you for takin' him out too!
        Surprisingly hes been in the back around the harvested corn fields that didn't really make and hitting the feeders / hand corn hard. Bucks haven't made it up front to the acorn stands yet, which shocks me.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
          I put down this mature cull buck opening day. We have a couple decent bucks this year that the other guys are after, I just wanted to get this cull down as my target. Surprisingly only took 2 hunts, now I get to be camp cook and handle the pigs! 112" short tines and needed to go. He had some fat packed on him though.
          I was on the fence whether he would break 115" or not. That dang 8 is going to make me lose sleep at night.

Comment

I need it to cool off big time where I’m not sweating, and need some N or E winds before i start chasing my shooters. Waiting is the hardest part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
              I was on the fence whether he would break 115" or not. That dang 8 is going to make me lose sleep at night.
              Check your email, he smiled for the camera yesterday evening

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                Check your email, he smiled for the camera yesterday evening
                I saw that

Comment

I’m having trouble getting in the stand as well with all this heat. This is the first year that I haven’t been chomping at the bit. I don’t know what’s up. I need a cool snap and I’ll get in the mood. Until then. My area will stay quiet. I have been smacking some teal though. That’s probably it. I got my fix

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

I'll he sure to let him know Charlie! I'm chasing a big 7pt that is identical to his buck. Will be after him tomorrow through Sunday but looking like I am going to have reposition some stands to have a chance at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                      Good friend of mine knocked this toad of an 8 down in Henderson County. Shot it Tuesday and found him alive Wednesday late morning. Went in around lunch and sat near the spot he last layed eyes on him. 3 hrs in no sign so he walked around and found him not far from where he was sitting.
                      That's a stud East Texas 8pt. Congrats to your friend.

Comment

Hunted opening weekend But didn’t see much. Buck in the last picture is a New buck that I haven’t seen before, I hope he sticks around.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice CSanders!

Comment

My scrape cam behind my house getting some action.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                              My scrape cam behind my house getting some action.

https://youtu.be/_cBx2X6PtXI
                              Cool! Last year was the first time I used the video mode and got some good videos of bucks working a scrape.

Has 13+ showed up lately?

Comment

This is "Untitled" by William shelly on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Yeah I’m excited about the scrapes picking up. I’m hoping to find some more and get them going. Got a couple more to go check tomorrow.

That’s a really nice 8 point that was killed. I can’t wait to see what’s killed this year.

Ty you killed a good one too! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X