No announcement yet.

Amistad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we will be there Oct. 25TH for a few days.

Comment

Right now it's looking like I've got the week of Oct 30-Nov 5 off. I'm about 99% sure I'll be at Amistad for a good portion of that if anybody wants to get together, if nothing else meet you at Buffalo Wings & Rings for a few beers. I owe Pedernal lunch at some point too. Wife will probably meet me there later in the week and hunt but I got room for 4 total on the boat.
      Last edited by justletmein; 10-18-2017, 04:05 AM.

Comment

What hotel is the closest and what are the rates?

Comment

I stayed at Quality Inn in Del Rio. About $50 per night. King suite. Close to the hunting areas.

Comment

That's a pretty good deal

Comment

I just booked the studio 6 for 45 a night. It had lots of good reviews. Located in town from what I could see on map.

Comment

I just setup camp near the hunt areas, $4/night for camp spot. We have a few beers while watching a roaring fire all evening and grilling food over hot Huisache coals. Beats any hotel experience.

Comment

Dang! Tough choice for me next month! Cozy(ish) hotel or camp with a fire pit?

Comment

Oh man that sounds like the way to go. My only complication is wife’s first time hunt and she don’t like camping. That was her only condition. Haha

Comment

x2 on the Studio 6. Stayed there a couple times. I like a shower too much to camp wben it's hot. Last couple times I was down there it was in the 80s all day. Watch out for snakes. As fkr blinds I find a natural blind or my ghost blind. Gokd luck all.

Comment

Just go at my vacation approved. I'll be heading down there November 12th to scout, then going to hunt the 13th and 14th. Anyone gonna be there for those days?

Comment

Does anyone know about how far area four is from the boat ramp? Is it possible to paddle a kayak to there?
                          Last edited by Efren; 10-21-2017, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Are the vehicle parking spots particularly safe at the entrances to the hunting grounds? Is there parking for hunters in the hunting land entrances? And obviously don't leave anything inside that would tempt anyone, of course.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I don't know what it's like lately, but years ago, the parking areas seemed pretty safe. But it has been quite a while since I was last out there. I always tried to be safe and keep things out of sight, but I knew another guy that hunted out there a lot, he kept his bike in the back of his Ranger all the time. I don't know of anyone ever stealing his bike.

Comment

Working...
                                X