Amistad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    If that's the case I'd recommend Area 1, easier walking trails and you can slide in there to some good spots without a lot of walking. I don't go in October because I'm always covered in spiders by the time I get anywhere LOL. There are restrooms in the camp areas, bring some bug spray as wasps usually find their way in to shelter for the winter. I've never had an issue with them but my wife doesn't like them too much so just a heads up. Also the Buffalo Wings & Rings in Del Rio is good eats. If she gets bored of the hunting she can drop you off and go on a Rock Art tour, pretty cool old native american cave paintings and such.

By the way, if you go in November or December I typically have my wife with me as well and she typically makes me grill ribs in camp for dinner so feel free to stop by for some grub.
    Too easy brotha. I'll shoot you a message with my info and hit me up. Therefor, we can get together. Thank you once again for more info on the area.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171012_191113706_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	24514435

Sure is pretty up here. I'll be hunting tomorrow as soon as I get my permit. Jumped a nice little buck in this area I wanna try. Sign everywhere.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
        [ATTACH]877159[/ATTACH]

Sure is pretty up here. I'll be hunting tomorrow as soon as I get my permit. Jumped a nice little buck in this area I wanna try. Sign everywhere.

Good luck. Post some more pictures.

Comment

Man now I'm hating myself for not planning a trip until November. Good luck and keep us posted!

Comment

Name:	IMG_20171013_083657627_HDR.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	24514475

Doe and a fawn so far.

Comment

Name:	IMG_20171013_083733275.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	24514476

Sitting on a draw. Lots of sign.

Comment

It looks really green.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Goodluck!

Comment

Buck in bow range this morning. He busted me after I drew back. No shot after that. My grunt tube at least works. He came in out of nowhere after three calming grunts.

Comment

Buck in bow range this morning. He busted me after I drew back. No shot after that. My grunt tube at least works. He came in out of nowhere after three calming grunts.
                      Nice! I'm always afraid to grunt, figure I'd scare them all off.

If I could tell you how many times I've been busted drawing out there you'd be amazed. LOL

Comment

Fun hunt. Got busted again this am, but at least I found a good area with animals and no other hunters. Next trip I'm bringing a ground blind or some type of camo screen. Good luck to all public land hunters.

Comment

I'm interested in going in November as well. Keep us posted

Comment

Fun hunt. Got busted again this am, but at least I found a good area with animals and no other hunters. Next trip I'm bringing a ground blind or some type of camo screen. Good luck to all public land hunters.
                            The holy grail!

So I've tried ground blinds out there, didn't work out too well those deer spot it immediately and way far out. I will typically find a natural little "hole in the brush" with a shooting lane out to a trail. Amistad can be tricky though, there's never a perfect setup.

Comment

I've had no luck with Pop ups, I started using a 10' 2x4 x4 piece of fence that I had left over. All i do is Stuff weeds, grass old dry limbs thru the fence seems to work great once backed into brush. Good luck

Comment

This is getting exciting!! We gonna be there nov 10-12 for sure. Days are put in and hotel is reserved. Hope to see some of y'all there!

Comment

Working...
                                X