No announcement yet.

If you havent killed a buck yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggins are going to be moving later than normal this year.. Later by several weeks.. It's coming.. Be patient..

Unfortunately/Fortunately I'm done. One of my bigger target bucks came in behind hot doe on 11/28. I shot my mngt buck 2 days earlier.. Still need to go kill some doe..

Comment

Only if it s bigger than my best buck or one that needs culled.

Comment

On my old lease in Laredo we never trophy hunted seriously until mid December and it didn’t typically get good till Christmas time

Comment

Management buck out west next week and maybe New Years ! I had a lot of deer here in lavaca county until two weeks ago when the danged acorns finally started dropping grrrr. Maybe my BB to date here but that’s a stretchhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
            I've got some spikes and does if you want to get out to Hunt County...
            I am grateful for the invite. Yes sir we would love to. My son would be so excited.

Comment

I passed on a monster heavy 8pt , 6+ yo , kinda kicking my self now
              Will keep trudging along hopefully the next few weeks are good

Comment

Bumper of my Z71

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
                  I am grateful for the invite. Yes sir we would love to. My son would be so excited.
                  no prob, i am working tonight but will be able to text, 214.549.6521

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                    I passed on a monster heavy 8pt , 6+ yo , kinda kicking my self now
                    Will keep trudging along hopefully the next few weeks are good
                    How does the saying go? “ Don’t pass up today what you’d shoot the last day” I would have thought that taking a buck on a place your size would be easy.

Comment

Now is the time to start chasing the big boys. Been too much natural graze for the animals on our lease. Need one more hard freeze and we should be good to go plus we are MLD so have until end of February

Comment

Cover, cover, cover. Now that the mass majority of deer have been pushed into their “safe places” I hunt the edges.

Late/last part of season they may be back on food sources that I’ve left unhunted for that reason

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          Only if it s bigger than my best buck or one that needs culled.
                          Amen!

Comment

My bow hunting strategy is to hang up the bow and break out the 308. All of my bow setups have lost their cover, so I'll probably be hunting boxes and blinds the rest of the month (end of our season). Seeing a couple new decent bucks on camera, but I'll get busted drawing the bow. May try to run across a cedar tree for a stand, but doubt it.

Comment

I just keep eating little Debbie’s until they start coming back out to road corn.

Comment

With the bad drought out west, I haven't seen anything that would turn my crank, so probably nothing. We are pretty down and I don't want to shoot anything that might take off next year, so I'm in camp bieaatch mode. Have a few mgmt deer on the list and will be bringing a buddy's son out to hopefully shoot his first buck and some more does in December. On a year like this, I'd rather that happen than me kill a buck just to draw blood.. If a stranger shows up, I'll definitely shoot though..

Comment

Working...
                                X