Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
    Brandon, I keep coming back to look at Pitchfork, awesome buck!!!
    I appreciate it Mr. Ellis. I wish y’all the best this season.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      I watched a video on a channel I watch on YouTube called Growing Deer, they did an episode explaining acorns. They said drought has little effect on acorn production. It actually has to do with what happens in the previous spring when the oaks have the “oak flower”. And some species of oaks only produce acorns every other yr. It was a good video. Also stated if you pay attention to your trees you can start to schedule which trees will be big producers for the upcoming season.

https://youtu.be/ZF3Ies_N5Ms
      Good Channel with some good information

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
        We have noticed the same. Corn was piling up at most of my feeders and the deer have stopped eating protein. There has been a significant decline in pics on my Coverts.
        We’ve had a few rains of late and I’ve seen a significant slow down on the corn. Deer still showing up but May only get one picture and they move on. Especially slow in the afternoons it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
          We’ve had a few rains of late and I’ve seen a significant slow down on the corn. Deer still showing up but May only get one picture and they move on. Especially slow in the afternoons it seems.
          Same on our place.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post

Same.....I have a feeling I will be cleaning out the trays and post spinner hopper on my ASF protein feeders and putting it back in the main hopper this weekend.

Comment

Was out last weekend and pulled camera cards. There was definitely a drop in activity at the feeders.

Comment

got into the high 50s this morning. Cell cams show that the bachelor groups made an appearance to get some candy. Bodies are very healthy. Hoping the big boys start showing their face in the next couple weeks. Racks are very mediocre thus far.

Comment

Got some rain last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    Got some rain last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a nice bonus! Didn't even know there was any in the forecast for the area.

Comment

That feeder pen seems to not be helping much...

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
                        That feeder pen seems to not be helping much...
                        It has a hog trap gate on it that I left open to see if they would come in. Last time I left it open we got zero hog pics. I guess they need the corn right now.

Comment

We are seeing pigs on our place, never been there before. One member said he saw about 20 yesterday morning driving out to feed.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                            We are seeing pigs on our place, never been there before. One member said he saw about 20 yesterday morning driving out to feed.
                            We are 3 miles north of 190 on 2084. Had pigs show up for the first time this summer. No bueno......

Comment

Dang Texan16, didn't know y'all had seen some other than that one black boar that hung around all spring.

We were out this weekend. Mesquites are green and some of the grass is up tall, but pretty much everything else in our area is dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                                Dang Texan16, didn't know y'all had seen some other than that one black boar that hung around all spring.

We were out this weekend. Mesquites are green and some of the grass is up tall, but pretty much everything else in our area is dry.
                                Man, we had a sow and 6 piglets show up middle of July. Started showing up on cameras pretty regular. Jimmy sent us a picture Sunday evening of a dead sow on the road right in front of Donnie's place so at least one of them is gone. Need to work on the rest of them.......

Comment

Working...
                                X