No announcement yet.

CWD Discovered in Limestone County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn’t it be great if we could stop spreading false information on both sides? Why don’t we all realize NOBODY wants this to spread in Texas, and really start to study this disease we don’t fully understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Big O View Post
      Do you have any idea where at in limestone county?
      Coolidge

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
        Not correct. It’s been in Texas since at least 2012 in free ranging animals not connected to any breeding facilities.
        Only in the New Mexico border area. Breeders have spread it statewide.

Comment

Wouldn’t it be great if we could stop spreading false information on both sides? Why don’t we all realize NOBODY wants this to spread in Texas, and really start to study this disease we don’t fully understand?
          Wouldn’t it be great if we just quit transporting deer?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            Only in the New Mexico border area. Breeders have spread it statewide.
            See above. It certainly hasn’t been “spread statewide”. You may say “it has been found in breeding facilities in multiple areas of the state” but CWD is FAR from being widespread across the state.

Comment

I had to stop getting into the pointless debates a while ago. No matter how much information you give someone it doesn’t seem to do much good. What’s amusing to me is, the majority of these same people thinking CWD is some abnormally contagious disease that’s going to spread across the nation and kill every deer walking are the same guys criticizing the knee jerk reactions to COVID-19 and all of the misinformation around that topic. The most comical argument to me is one in which folks say the disease has not been in wild Texas herds until deer breeders came into the picture. Or the fact that the vast majority, this site included, seem to completely against infringement of rights. Yet, the CEO of their beloved buccees is the front runner for some egregious infringement on landowner’s rights in Texas.

This one hits pretty close to home too. I hate that it happened to him, very good man that I have a lot of respect for. And he Quite possibly has more knowledge and live for white tails than any man I’ve ever met.

Comment

What would take 200 years to spread naturally can be done in a moving trailer in 4-5 hours. It’s coming cause the cats done out of the bag. Money trumps common sense. Otherwise movement of fake deer wouldn’t have ever been allowed once the disease had been discovered.

Comment

See above. It certainly hasn’t been “spread statewide”. You may say “it has been found in breeding facilities in multiple areas of the state” but CWD is FAR from being widespread across the state.
                  Thusfar is has been detected in breeding facilities spanning ~86,000 sq miles of Texas.

That's an area larger than UTAH and would be the 13th largest state in the union.

Just saying.

Comment

Not correct. It’s been in Texas since at least 2012 in free ranging animals not connected to any breeding facilities.
                    You are correct, the first case was detected in free ranging mule deer in the Hueco Mountains..

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Why dont they tell us what ranch or exactly where?

Im guessing north part of the county
                      Shane, you might have to go and help kill all the big bucks by the lake... for research

Comment

I have a friend that told me he has to have his deer tested before he can move them to a different pasture, the pastures are joined together.
                        I studied on getting into deer farming some years back, but decided against it.

Comment

CWD has been around for a long time. Much longer than it was ever "documented".

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                            Shane, you might have to go and help kill all the big bucks by the lake... for research
                            I dont need their permission to kill one. Finding a big buck is a whole other story

Comment

Agree 100%

Comment

Has anyone tried testing alfalfa and feed for prions? Lots of alfalfa comes from CWD states. If it was discovered to be spread by trucking in food sources that would certainly have a huge impact.

Comment

Working...
                                X