Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
    Dang Speck you are killing it. Takes me years to find that many, especially those whole points/tools. I assume y'all are digging them?
    We are definitely digging them. Hit a little hot streak here lately.

Comment

Any idea on this one? Found near weatherford.

Click image for larger version

Name:	433B7994-0F76-48BB-8024-1C66BB619EB1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	24678420

Comment

Originally posted by p_dot View Post
        Any idea on this one? Found near weatherford.

[ATTACH]1082604[/ATTACH]
        I have a couple ideas. I need better pics please. A coin girl scale. Pics of both sides with good focus. Its nice.

Comment

Meant to say a coin for scale. I don't know how auto correct comes up with some of these

Comment

Any info on these finds would be greatly appreciated!
            Bottom right was found in La salle county the rest are from McMullen county
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by josepht View Post
              Any info on these finds would be greatly appreciated!
              Bottom right was found in La salle county the rest are from McMullen county
              Preforms on the big stuff. Bulverde, Nolan,Tortuga, frio on points.

Comment

Picked up behind camp yesterday morning while walking back from kickin the basses asses.

(Blanco)
                Attached Files
                Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  Preforms on the big stuff. Bulverde, Nolan,Tortuga, frio on points.
                  Thanks for the info GarGuy! Are these fairly common points for the area/time period?

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                    Picked up behind camp yesterday morning while walking back from kickin the basses asses.

(Blanco)
                    Better pics needed but its a blade if sorts. Judging by the patina, it's several thousand years old. You might want yo scratch around right there. The worn stone to the left of it appears to have a shaft straightening groove and shaped on the end.

Comment

Here are a couple I found last month in LaSalle County. I really want to get my skid steer in there with a sitting table. I’ve found so many worked pieces in this area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        Better pics needed but its a blade if sorts. Judging by the patina, it's several thousand years old. You might want yo scratch around right there. The worn stone to the left of it appears to have a shaft straightening groove and shaped on the end.

Yep and the stone above left looks to have been worked... some kind of tool or point/scraper...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Yep and the stone above left looks to have been worked... some kind of tool or point/scraper...

That's what I was wonder-n, Charlie. All those pieces may have been collected and put there by someone. I'm also wonder-n about the piece Les pointed out. It appears there are leaves under it. So, maybe someone placed it there recently, unless the leaves somehow slipped under it? Or maybe it was tossed to it's resting place from somewhere else recently?

Comment

Or the point was set down for the photo

Comment

Here are my little handful. I found these when I lived in West Texas.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I dont know if I posted these 2 before or not, both found in dimmit county
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X