Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
    We were under the impression we had left one up there last year but we couldn't find it once we got there.. It ended up working out because it took about 125 scoops to fill up the bed of my truck each time so after 25-30 scoops we would switch off to give ourselves a much needed break.
    I dont believe I have a ice chest big enough to hold all the beer it would take to do that job...............I bet yall are glad ya got it done though.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
      No lease again this year…but always enjoy looking in on you WTx guys.
      At some point I’ll get you to hunt with me Joel!

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
        I dont believe I have a ice chest big enough to hold all the beer it would take to do that job...............I bet yall are glad ya got it done though.
        There were a handful of 12 ounce cans consumed to keep us lubed up. I'm glad we got it done in one trip unlike last year where we made 3-4 trips of putting out roughly 4,000 pounds each time. Depending on range conditions, this should last us the entire time we need it to. We've got enough left over to put out 1-2 more stations or just top some off.

I can honestly say that I don't even want to see a snow-shovel or cottonseed for the next few months

Comment

Our deer are hammering the cottonseed. We start our off season protein feeding for all members in a few weeks and it can’t get here fast enough. Some of us have been topping protein and cottonseed every trip to the ranch but we can’t keep up with consumption. We need rain bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m running the big shovel today

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              I’m running the big shovel today

Penthouse livin'..

Comment

Feed bills are gonna be really expensive out west for everyone free choice feeding if we don't get some rain soon.

Comment

A little bit of mud this morning out that way, hopin for more later this week

Comment

Any tri-pod hunters? I’ve got a good set up I feel, for this up coming season with good oak tree cover for up to a 6-8ft Tri-pod
                    What tripods are y’all having good luck with?
                    I’ve never owned or bought on.
                    Always have been on ground or 20ft up in a tree here at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo V View Post
                      Any tri-pod hunters? I’ve got a good set up I feel, for this up coming season with good oak tree cover for up to a 6-8ft Tri-pod
                      What tripods are y’all having good luck with?
                      I’ve never owned or bought on.
                      Always have been on ground or 20ft up in a tree here at home.
                      We have a couple of millenium tripods and one south texas tripod.

I think the south Texas tripod will hold up longer and it costs less. But, the platform that you stand on to get in the chair is too small and the foot rest only works if you are facing towards the ladder, which we never are. Regarding the footrest, that can be worked around by setup sometimes. I like the more rigid chair of the south Texas tripod.

The millenium has a footrest that is integral with the chair. That the chair is made from fabric and has more play in it are things I don't love.

These tripods are both 10', which is the maximum height that we can use where we are. They are both very light, easy to set up, and easy to take down.

I love hunting out of them and I think we will be moving away from popups and towards tripods and/or cattle panel blinds going forward.

South Texas Tripods and Feeders is a hunting tripod provider based in Spring, TX. Visit our online shop today for all your hunting tripod needs.

SPECS Material ALUMINUM Capacity 300 lbs. Weight 36 lbs. Platform W 20” D 17” Model #: T-100-00
                      Last edited by El General; 02-01-2022, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                        We have a couple of millenium tripods and one south texas tripod.

I think the south Texas tripod will hold up longer and it costs less. But, the platform that you stand on to get in the chair is too small and the foot rest only works if you are facing towards the ladder, which we never are. Regarding the footrest, that can be worked around by setup sometimes. I like the more rigid chair of the south Texas tripod.

The millenium has a footrest that is integral with the chair. That the chair is made from fabric and has more play in it are things I don't love.

These tripods are both 10', which is the maximum height that we can use where we are. They are both very light, easy to set up, and easy to take down.

I love hunting out of them and I think we will be moving away from popups and towards tripods and/or cattle panel blinds going forward.

South Texas Tripods and Feeders is a hunting tripod provider based in Spring, TX. Visit our online shop today for all your hunting tripod needs.

https://millennium-outdoors.com/prod...uminum-tripod/
                        Thank you for the feedback

Comment

Good thread - following another season.

I am a couple weeks behind in posting but my 5yo got his first deer at our Irion county ranch.

We didn’t shoot much at all this year as I think the horns were down and we are chasing the ghost of 150+ but we have a lot of nice 4 and 5yo bucks (120s & 130s) going into next season. Several really good ones I had written off as gone - disappeared from November until just recently showing back up at the protein feeders. Low fence hunting at its finest.

It needs to rain as the protein feed consumption on our little place has gotten outrageous.

Comment

A few January pics. Bring on that snow.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                              I’m running the big shovel today.
                              Now, that’s the way to do it. Lol

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
                              A little bit of mud this morning out that way, hopin for more later this week

Crazy dry right now!!!! Praying we get some good ground wetting here soon.

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post

Good thread - following another season.

I am a couple weeks behind in posting but my 5yo got his first deer at our Irion county ranch.

We didn’t shoot much at all this year as I think the horns were down and we are chasing the ghost of 150+ but we have a lot of nice 4 and 5yo bucks (120s & 130s) going into next season. Several really good ones I had written off as gone - disappeared from November until just recently showing back up at the protein feeders. Low fence hunting at its finest.

It needs to rain as the protein feed consumption on our little place has gotten outrageous.
                              Awesome!!!! Good stuff….Congrats to y’all.

Comment

In for another year!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X