No announcement yet.

Baby formula ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soooooo God was pretty smart when he made woman. What’s wrong with her natural formula makers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Soooooo God was pretty smart when he made woman. What’s wrong with her natural formula makers?

Exactly!
      Doctors pushing artificial food
      Doctors seem to push anything to make a buck ! The sales rep’s
      Having milk safety convention in Bahamas, Hawaii, ect ? Just seems like a racket IMO

Comment

We weren’t sure with my wife. Found out it was a brain tumor causing the issue.

The literature and push from doctors is not towards formula, it is towards the teet….
        Last edited by Hunteraudit; 05-11-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Lactating mothers could make a killing selling it right now. Between the shortage and body builders….

Comment

Last edited by outlook8; 05-11-2022, 01:11 PM. Reason: nevermind

Comment

Not always the case my friend, my daughter had a protein allergy. Breast milk would cause her to scream and as a parent, you will do anything to fix it.

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
              Exactly!
              Doctors pushing artificial food
              Doctors seem to push anything to make a buck ! The sales rep’s
              Having milk safety convention in Bahamas, Hawaii, ect ? Just seems like a racket IMO

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                Not always the case my friend, my daughter had a protein allergy. Breast milk would cause her to scream and as a parent, you will do anything to fix it.
                Sorry to hear that!
                I wonder what % of parents have that problem? Or just use formula for convenience? Or under unsound advice?

Comment

Buy it up on food stamps.. exchange formula for cash .. barter cash for tvs, phones and gas money..no need to work, trust the system

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                    Sorry to hear that!
                    I wonder what % of parents have that problem? Or just use formula for convenience? Or under unsound advice?
                    I would wager that most women who CAN breastfeed DO breastfeed. I've never once heard a doc say using formula would be better than the natural way unless there was an issue(not enough milk production/disease). My wife wished dearly that she could have breastfed our two sons. But, the milk production just was not ample enough. Believe me. She tried with all her heart. So, formula it was for us. I feel bad for the women who cannot breastfeed for one reason or another and are going through this.

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                      Buy it up on food stamps.. exchange formula for cash .. barter cash for tvs, phones and gas money..no need to work, trust the system
                      Happens more than we know.

Comment

This sounds like such a simple solution but its just not that simple at all. Not all cows are dairy cows Mike! lol We tried it and it wasn't working out. Doctor recommended we get on formula. (For both kids.) Trust me I wish it was that easy because the stuff is high dollar. I have a daughter that is about a month away from being off the formula, and she is on some hypoallergenic stuff thats like $40 per small can. The shortage is a legit thing. Our daughter was on the Similac stuff before the recall, and once we found a brand our daughter took after we couldn't get Similac we kept as much on hand as we could. We have still almost completely run out twice. If we see 5 cans on the shelf we buy all 5 because you may not see it on the shelf again for a month or so.

Comment

What did babies do before they invented formula?

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                            What did babies do before they invented formula?

They used “wet nurses”. Women that had milk production and had either lost an infant or had already weaned a child.

I feel terribly for the parents that are suffering through this shortage. My son (our first) had colic and it was miserable. He was originally on breast milk, but he was either sleeping or crying. He would cry through feedings as well. We switched my wife’s diet thinking something she was eating was causing it. Then we went through 4 or 5 different kinds of formula until we found something that would settle him. It was miserable. Ended up on some hypoallergenic soy crap that was expensive. My first daughter was on breast milk with no issues for the first year. My second daughter is currently on breast milk and is 9 months old. My wife’s production has waned some lately and she’s doing everything she can to keep her production up so we don’t have to resort to formula. Her gyno and our pediatrician stress breast milk, but I’m sure there’s some formula peddlers out there. Most of the women we know that have used formula did it out of necessity from some allergy/colic or whatever, but there’s been a couple that did it out of “convenience” and couldn’t be bothered with the disruption breastfeeding or pumping caused their lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Everybody in my family is beyond that now. Unless you count the two grand kids that are "of age" but hopefully using the aspirin method of birth control.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                                This sounds like such a simple solution but its just not that simple at all. Not all cows are dairy cows Mike! lol We tried it and it wasn't working out. Doctor recommended we get on formula. (For both kids.) Trust me I wish it was that easy because the stuff is high dollar. I have a daughter that is about a month away from being off the formula, and she is on some hypoallergenic stuff thats like $40 per small can. The shortage is a legit thing. Our daughter was on the Similac stuff before the recall, and once we found a brand our daughter took after we couldn't get Similac we kept as much on hand as we could. We have still almost completely run out twice. If we see 5 cans on the shelf we buy all 5 because you may not see it on the shelf again for a month or so.

I’m sure there are legit medical reasons but I would think that’s the exception not the norm.

My wife is in OB so I’ll ask her.

I DO know that they push breastfeeding over formula.

Comment

Working...
                                X