No announcement yet.

Menard 2021/2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gobblers and hens are still segregated west of Menard. Very little gobbling. The dry conditions can be blamed for this. The hens need a certain amount of keratin in their diets in order to get them cycling and we sure don't have anything green.
    Adios,
    Gary

Comment

We heard very little gobbling on Saturday and nothing this morning. The wife popped a pig and found her first shed. We saw plenty of deer, turkey, and pigs. It was very quiet, but a good time.

Comment

I have Karla’s buck from this year hung as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody know if Jacobys Feed in Brady by the railroad tracks is still open and selling protein? Headed up tomorrow and forgot to call. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Was lucky and the boys doubled up on SaturdayClick image for larger version

Name:	BDE70386-8C97-41D1-B0BC-B411EB840E75.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	24681620

Click image for larger version

Name:	9FDF564D-3A0E-4ACB-A1DA-B1E39D929EE4.jpeg
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	24681621

Click image for larger version

Name:	19C0AEA9-1093-45F2-9D6B-D6391E35B064.jpeg
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	24681622 morning.

Comment

Good shooting Boys!!! Congrats to you and your sons Amigo!

Comment

Any rain in Menard? Inter webs says we got 2/10ths in Menard, hoping we got more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

BGleaton's weather station on the far eastern side of the county checked in at .48 today, not much, but moisture.

Comment

About .4" 8-10 miles west of Menard, .2-.3" around Menard and about a half in southern part of the county. Spitting a little this morning.
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

Outstanding morning! After sitting in one of my blinds early this morning and seeing nothing, I got out and went for a hike. Saw 3 gobblers about 300 yards out from me and began my stalk. Light rain and steady winds helped me get to about 25 yards of them before knocking this one down with one shot from my FA 97/41 magnum.

Comment

Great hunt! I know that calling them in is the traditional way, but walk and stalk is really fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                          Years ago, I was visiting with Bill Russ, retired biologist from Sanderson. He gave me the best advice to improve antler growth across the Edwards Plateau and much of the Trans-Pecos. He said to keep out a mineral that is high in Phosphorus as this country is deficient in Ph. As you know, it takes Calcium and Ph to grow bones and antlers and while this country is loaded with Ca, you need to increase Ph consumption.
                          I fed Hi Pro 12-12 blocks which are guaranteed to have 12% Ph. One block will last several months as they are hard and deer don't need to consume large volumes. Increasing the Ph intake seems to increase mass on the antlers more than any other quality. Fawns also seemed to be a little stronger and healthier.
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Sir, where do you buy these hipro blocks? Nothing comes up for either zip code I entered…Laredo or back home.

Comment

We get them at west bear creek in Junction hoythunter.

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                              We get them at west bear creek in Junction hoythunter.

Thanks bud, I found them today at West Tx feed in Del Rio. They didn’t have the 12-12 but they did have another hipro sendero vitamin mineral block that has 7.5 % Phosphorus. 29 bucks a piece and they have several so I’ll be picking up 4 of them here in the next week or so. Thanks brother.

Comment

Working...
                              X