No announcement yet.

Menard 2021/2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy shot a very old buck last night. We didn’t have this deer on camera or he hadn’t been seen in person. His daughter shot her first animal on the same hunt. Such an awesome hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations to the hunters! Hope everyone has a great hunt this weekend. Looks like the weather is going to change on New Year's Day!
      Adios,
      gary

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        My buddy shot a very old buck last night. We didn’t have this deer on camera or he hadn’t been seen in person. His daughter shot her first animal on the same hunt. Such an awesome hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Congrats, great memories.

Comment

Curious to know what most of you believe to be the best weekend for shed hunting? We don’t seem to find very many, so looking for some advice on the timing?

Comment

Originally posted by SV72 View Post
            Curious to know what most of you believe to be the best weekend for shed hunting? We don’t seem to find very many, so looking for some advice on the timing?
            Not sure on exact time.
            But I have the best luck looking in their bedding areas.

Comment

Originally posted by SV72 View Post
              Now is a little early, spring turkey is too late because the grass is growing. I usually try in early March when I am topping off the feeders for turkey season.

I find the most close to fence lines as the impact of landing will help knock them loose. Around water, major trails, foods sources, and bedding areas are also good places to look. The problem is they can be anywhere and with the deer density your not going to find a pile of antlers.

Comment

Got this this morning. Think the deer shed nightClick image for larger version

Name:	3CAAEF84-378C-48F9-A82D-8E978B270F98.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	24677404 before last

Comment

I was at my lease this weekend. Saw several with antlers, and several that had already shed. And I found a nice left side of an 8.

Comment

One of our guys found several sets near a fence line today. I normally look in March as well, but not a bad haul for February.

Comment

Bringing this back to the top. I'll be at my lease this weekend, chasing turkeys and pigs. Anyone else going?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
                        Bringing this back to the top. I'll be at my lease this weekend, chasing turkeys and pigs. Anyone else going?
                        I will be out there with my wife trying to get her first Gobbler.

Comment

Good luck Heath and to everyone going out this weekend. Watch for the rattlebugs!! Will be a while before I get out there.

Comment

Yes, I’ll be chasing the gobblers. Have a lone aoudad on camera too. I need to shoot some pigs. Keep jumping them driving around checking on stuff. It’s very very very very dry right now….we need a lot of rain soon. Let me know if y’all need any help.

Comment

Good luck this morning chasing Thunder chickens everyone. Hoping to get on the board near Brady.

Comment

We will be out there week of the 12th!

Comment

Working...
                                X