No announcement yet.

Making fishing lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent some time trying some new methods. Quite a few failures this weekend but I managed a few good ones.
    Attached Files

Comment

some Mullet paddle tails. Clear skin then painted on the inside. Then pour and heat blend. I tried painting with pearl pigments and don't like the results. These are water based paint brushed on.
      Attached Files

Comment

Used a new method of putting in foil. Did a few of the ghost Shad, they've been doing well on the reds. I need to put eyes on them tomorrow.
        Attached Files

Comment

I did a few shrimp lures with the foil.
          Attached Files

Comment

I like those shrimp tails.

Comment

Thanks Phillip. The reds have been ignoring them, they want paddle tails with a lot of thump.

Comment

Awesome job, they look pretty good.

Comment

I'm posting these for Critter69. His son makes these by carving a wood master and using it to make a mold. Then he casts them in resin puts them together and paints them. These two are completed.
                  Attached Files

Comment

These just need the tails. That's some pretty talented work right there. Thanks Critter for sending me the pics.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That's some fantastic work!

Comment

Caught a few small ones at the pond. A white fluke I make has been the best lately. The bigger ones are avoiding me.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm working on a new type lure. It's a work in progress still. It's a slow sinking twitch bait like a Mirrodine. These are the prototypes. I weighted and sealed them to check the sink rate and action. I took them to Sargent and threw them under the lights and got whacked by a decent trout (of coarse I missed it). I made patterns and weight ratios for buoyancy. I'm working on paint now.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                            I'm working on a new type lure. It's a work in progress still. It's a slow sinking twitch bait like a Mirrodine. These are the prototypes. I weighted and sealed them to check the sink rate and action. I took them to Sargent and threw them under the lights and got whacked by a decent trout (of coarse I missed it). I made patterns and weight ratios for buoyancy. I'm working on paint now.

Nice shape and already gets fish attention! Post up again when you finish painting, always enjoy seeing your lure creations.

Comment

I tried a few different finishes this evening and I'm not happy with the outcome. First I used a couple different foils to get some flash while fishing the lights. I liked the out come until I used a spray on lacquer that seemed to dull the foil. I'm being picky but the gold foil didn't act right when I did a mid coat of epoxy. I'm going to see if the finish clears up as it dries, if not I'll still fish it. Trying different things sometimes teaches hard lessons. Lol
                              Attached Files

Comment

I went for a silver foil sides with a "hot head". The chrome foil was very flashy till the lacquer. I used it instead of epoxy because I didn't want to add too much weight and effect the sink rate. I'll see how it looks in the morning, I'll bet they'll still get em
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X