No announcement yet.

SHNF hunting 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent the last three days out in the Sam. Saw few doe, almost got to draw on one I walked up on but she darted while I was lifting the bow. Found two good spots with acorns falling and good sign. Still think it's too warm. Get stinky by the time you get in there.

Comment

Looks like a lot of the old guard is lurking around here! Been a decade, literally since I seen most of y’all. Hunted this last weekend, saw nothing. Will be back this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For those of you not on face book my name is Rudy. I run a tracking dog here in SHNF. If your for what ever reason feel you need a dog please hit me up here via messenger or pm me form y cell. i have a few recoveries in the sam. Be glad to help anyone out in need. We dont have a rate we charge gas if needed. thanks and good luck.

Comment

Spent the opener on the west side. Had scouted a pretty good spot but my cargo carrier busted on me on the way in, wasn’t going to make it the 2.5 miles without smelling like a locker room by the time I got there so I hunted a crappy spot. Didn’t see a single deer, hog, squirrel or jackalope he entire day.

Divorced dad so can only hunt every other weekend so I’ll hopefully be back out there next weekend to try again.

Comment

Any luck? Been hard to get motivated with this heat.

Comment

Went this morning early didn't see a thing.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

Where to camp

New to hunting at Sam Houston, quick question. If I wanted to camp out for the weekend, where are the free hunter camps that I hear about there? Thanks for any help ya'll can provide

Comment

Stubblefield over flow on the back side of 1374. Equestrian trail head and camp ground on 1375 is also free. kellys pond is also free with primitive camping down the road anywhere you want on the way back to kellys pond as well. the end of 204 i think as well.

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
                    Stubblefield over flow on the back side of 1374. Equestrian trail head and camp ground on 1375 is also free. kellys pond is also free with primitive camping down the road anywhere you want on the way back to kellys pond as well. the end of 204 i think as well.
                    Thanks, you are awesome!!

Comment

I hunt around stubblefield. Walk from the campground a half mile down the lonestar trail. Never see or hear anything. Does anyone hunt near the lake. Thought hogs and deer might walk it

Comment

Originally posted by joelacz View Post
                        I hunt around stubblefield. Walk from the campground a half mile down the lonestar trail. Never see or hear anything. Does anyone hunt near the lake. Thought hogs and deer might walk it

You do realize that if anyone answers you will have 100 people from google search in your area. Lmao.

Stop stop stop announcing anywhere you hunt or anything else. PM anyone you want to about an area that may be an old time member. No offense but don’t PM Me I don’t know anything.

Comment

Well then, I would appreciate any help I can get. Just looking to see something. I go with my 10 year old and just want him to see a deer, or a hog.

Comment

Came up this weekend for opening of youth with my son. Been out here a couple hours. Either heard someone calling or a buck making a fuss not a couple hundred yards away. Hoping this front got em hyped up.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pap Daddy View Post
                              Came up this weekend for opening of youth with my son. Been out here a couple hours. Either heard someone calling or a buck making a fuss not a couple hundred yards away. Hoping this front got em hyped up.
                              Elaborate, we like to hear more...

Comment

Originally posted by BuckTrail View Post
                                Elaborate, we like to hear more...
                                Wait till next weekend. There’ll be bucks grunting in every tree. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X