No announcement yet.

Davis Mountains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate y'all looking and commenting. We have been taking the RV out at least one a month and sometimes twice since buying it last year. I'm retired and she is flexible in her real estate career so we can do it. This trip was 9 days, our longest yet.

Comment

I used to hunt the ranch right below the observatory. Beautiful country and had some big mule deer and lots of whitetail. Lot's of aoudad as well. Great pics!

Comment

Gotta be one of the prettiest years out there in a long time. Amazing what some rain will do!

Comment

Great pics, Bill!

Comment

Great pics…thanks for sharing!

Comment

Love the acorn woodpecker

Comment

Those pictures are outstanding Bill. You captured sights in a part of Texas not a lot of us ever get to visit. Thanks for posting them.

Comment

Great pics Bill! I get to go out there some - my son’s in-laws have a place between Ft Davis and Marfa. There is something about being in that country that is really compelling and good for the soul

Comment

Wonderful pictures. Thank you

Comment

What a awesome looking trip, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for posting. Those pictures are wonderful. I wanna be there right now!

Comment

Beautiful shots, Bill. Looks like y'all had a great time!

Comment

Great shots!

Comment

That’s awesome! I really want to visit out there in the next year or two. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                                I used to hunt the ranch right below the observatory. Beautiful country and had some big mule deer and lots of whitetail. Lot's of aoudad as well. Great pics!
                                What a place to hunt. Some folks said they had seen bighorn there as well. Thanks.

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                                Gotta be one of the prettiest years out there in a long time. Amazing what some rain will do!
                                It did look pretty green.

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                                Great pics, Bill!
                                Casey, I appreciate it.

Originally posted by pondboss View Post
                                Great pics…thanks for sharing!
                                Thanks for looking.

Originally posted by Forman View Post
                                Love the acorn woodpecker
                                That was a target species to photograph. I started seeing them will setting up the camper.

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                                Those pictures are outstanding Bill. You captured sights in a part of Texas not a lot of us ever get to visit. Thanks for posting them.
                                Thanks for looking. I'll be 68 in January and a native Texan, yet there are many places in our great state I have yet to see. Time is short.

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                                Great pics Bill! I get to go out there some - my son’s in-laws have a place between Ft Davis and Marfa. There is something about being in that country that is really compelling and good for the soul
                                Thanks, John. I'd love to have a reason to visit on a regular basis. It was a restful trip even with the activity.

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                                What a awesome looking trip, thanks for sharing.
                                Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                                Thanks for posting. Those pictures are wonderful. I wanna be there right now!
                                Thanks for looking y'all. I was ready to go back a couple of days after getting back home.

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                Beautiful shots, Bill. Looks like y'all had a great time!
                                Shane, I appreciate it. We really did.

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                                Great shots!
                                Thanks.

Originally posted by TexasAggie04 View Post
                                That’s awesome! I really want to visit out there in the next year or two. Thanks for sharing.
                                Do it! Don't wait if possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X