2021 Formula 1 Season!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    Now that will definitely raise an eyebrow or two when you shine that light on it....[emoji2962]...whew!!! [emoji626][emoji849].

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Great race again and no Krauts on the podium [emoji109][emoji109][emoji109]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

when is a replay...missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        Not sure about a re-air, but make sure to at least catch the last 5 laps off a redflag restart.
        Pretty action packed.

I haven't watched, but this should cover it.....
        [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suZHkUxPzjE"]Race Highlights | 2021 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - YouTube[/ame]

Spoiler alert , that picture isn't from this weeks race, really

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

6 bucks on the ESPN app and you can watch anything you want whenever you want!

Comment

I agree with the Pirelli tire issue. Very scary stuff! And I also agree they should have finished the race under a safety car. I know it’s not the “action packed” thing to do, but it was the right thing to do under the safety circumstances concerning the tires.

I’m thankful that Stroll and Verstappen did not suffer any injuries with their crashes / tire failures.

Verstappen and Perez both drove a brilliant race. As did Vettel and Gasly. Perez has now jumped ahead of Norris in the WDC, and Red Bull has extended their lead in the WCC. RB will need the cushion, because I feel France will benefit MB’s cars.

Baku did not disappoint. Especially the first five laps and the last five laps. Great racing!

Comment

I am late to the party due to a sister's wedding this past wknd but WOW. Just watched the replay after managing to stay off the internet since Sun morning so I couldn't see the results.
              Phenomenal race- what a great circuit! Pretty refreshing after Monaco to have an awesome street course with places to pass.
              Like ya'll have said- Pirelli has some explaining to do and no way they can lean on the "debris" excuse, which they already have. Scary crashes.
              Great finish and you have to respect Hamilton for the dive bomb move. That's a move you make trying to win your first championship, not your 8th. Mad respect. Good for Perez and always cool to see some surprises. Alonso had a great run (I knew you were smiling watching Gasley in the final laps, Rover!).
              All in all a darn good show.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                I am late to the party due to a sister's wedding this past wknd but WOW. Just watched the replay after managing to stay off the internet since Sun morning so I couldn't see the results.
                Phenomenal race- what a great circuit! Pretty refreshing after Monaco to have an awesome street course with places to pass.
                Like ya'll have said- Pirelli has some explaining to do and no way they can lean on the "debris" excuse, which they already have. Scary crashes.
                Great finish and you have to respect Hamilton for the dive bomb move. That's a move you make trying to win your first championship, not your 8th. Mad respect. Good for Perez and always cool to see some surprises. Alonso had a great run (I knew you were smiling watching Gasley in the final laps, Rover!).
                All in all a darn good show.
                The wife and I were looking at videos of Baku last nite on YouTube!!! Just beautiful scenery......and the Tur hunting in the Caspian Mountains [emoji903]would be a plus after the race weekend.....lol!!! Gasly is on a mission and proving he is truly a young gun to keep your eye on!!! [emoji95][emoji1270][emoji95][emoji6]

Comment

The wife and I were looking at videos of Baku last nite on YouTube!!! Just beautiful scenery......and the Tur hunting in the Caspian Mountains [emoji903]would be a plus after the race weekend.....lol!!! Gasly is on a mission and proving he is truly a young gun to keep your eye on!!! [emoji95][emoji1270][emoji95][emoji6]

I am all aboard on the Gasly train. Kid is TALENTED. Making great strides on a team many consider our equivalent of a “minor league” squad

Comment

Agreed on that Baku circuit. Wow, what a L-O-N-G straight ! I always enjoy this race and would also like to see it live some day.
                    Anyone got a clue why Bottas who has the same car is almost always outrun by Hamilton? Even Russell, on his one and only Mercedes drive, was outrunning Bottas who has YEARS of experience over him. Bottas should be dropped from the Merc team.
                    Feel bad for Max, but glad Louis didn't score either.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-R View Post
                      Agreed on that Baku circuit. Wow, what a L-O-N-G straight ! I always enjoy this race and would also like to see it live some day.
                      Anyone got a clue why Bottas who has the same car is almost always outrun by Hamilton? Even Russell, on his one and only Mercedes drive, was outrunning Bottas who has YEARS of experience over him. Bottas should be dropped from the Merc team.
                      Feel bad for Max, but glad Louis didn't score either.

I always think of it in terms of asset allocation... Hamilton is the breadwinner and will receive research/parts/tweaks what have you first. Bottas is on the the team to block and distract for Hamilton and I do believe they build his car around it as that’s what the team coaches him to do.

I could be wrong but this is what I’ve gleaned from following

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                        I always think of it in terms of asset allocation... Hamilton is the breadwinner and will receive research/parts/tweaks what have you first. Bottas is on the the team to block and distract for Hamilton and I do believe they build his car around it as that’s what the team coaches him to do.

I could be wrong but this is what I’ve gleaned from following

He has a good bit of say in his own setup. I would think they want both drivers in the points as much as possible as it creates more value to the team than just one blocking and one on podium and on days that Hamilton is lacking or wrecks, they’ll want him to earn points on his own. I really think 2nd seat drivers who have dominant 1st seat teammates get mentally fatigued by the stress and start to fail. Gasly is a good example of that I think. I was freaking pumped to see him place at Baku.

Side note, Baku is definitely on my list of in person races. Home of the Caspian derby and great architecture plus a jam up race, hard to beat!

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                          He has a good bit of say in his own setup. I would think they want both drivers in the points as much as possible as it creates more value to the team than just one blocking and one on podium and on days that Hamilton is lacking or wrecks, they’ll want him to earn points on his own. I really think 2nd seat drivers who have dominant 1st seat teammates get mentally fatigued by the stress and start to fail. Gasly is a good example of that I think. I was freaking pumped to see him place at Baku.

Side note, Baku is definitely on my list of in person races. Home of the Caspian derby and great architecture plus a jam up race, hard to beat!
                          I agree on the mental side of Bottas......and YES, expectations are points.....every race. He did not deaux well in qualifying either, but I won't discount him as of now. His body language shows signs of defeat, but I think he is one helluva driver. For that type of cash [emoji389]he may want to put his ego aside for a few more seasons as Hamilton is outta there in 3 or less.
                          Also, Azerbaijan [emoji1039]is the home of Tur.......sling some arrows!!![emoji95][emoji1018][emoji95]

Comment

I agree on the mental side of Bottas......and YES, expectations are points.....every race. He did not deaux well in qualifying either, but I won't discount him as of now. His body language shows signs of defeat, but I think he is one helluva driver. For that type of cash [emoji389]he may want to put his ego aside for a few more seasons as Hamilton is outta there in 3 or less.
                            Also, Azerbaijan [emoji1039]is the home of Tur.......sling some arrows!!![emoji95][emoji1018][emoji95]

Exactly. The teams make the most money with points. Having a single driver that crushes it versus two quality drivers who are in the points for the team is a losing proposition.

I think Bottas is as well but I see him making dumb mistakes trying to be another Hamilton. When he has opportunities for points, or to beat Hamilton, he often ends up pushing too hard and either wrecking, losing pace or making dumb mistakes and losing opportunities for points.

Comment

I like Bottas as well, but we know he’s not at the same level as Hamilton. He’s a good “team player” with Hamilton. I don’t see him staying at Mercedes once Lewis moves on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
                                I like Bottas as well, but we know he’s not at the same level as Hamilton. He’s a good “team player” with Hamilton. I don’t see him staying at Mercedes once Lewis moves on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                My sense as well. He is good in that he allows Hamilton to be the showpiece without too much butt hurt but no doubt in my mind he wants points. I think it could be good to get out of his shadow at a new team and maybe he can find his mojo.

Comment

Working...
                                X