• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Fryeday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      I’m a huge tequila fan. In the summer I switch off bourbon almost completely and drink tequila neat. Don Julio and Azul are my go to. The store has been trying to push this on me for awhile. Has mixed reviews but after your post I bought it......

I’ve honestly drank better from plastic.... and didn’t pay $65 for it. I can get rid of it making margaritas but it ain’t for me. My mouth taste like I ate a flower... that soaked in Jose quervo gold

If you enjoy sipping tequila that you can actually find: Don Julio (any variety) I prefer anejo and 70 over 1942... which is great also just overpriced. Azul is even better but can be hard to find. Patron is for mixing
      To be fair, just bought a bottle of Don Julio 70. We'll see if you are right.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Today has been a pretty good day, for me. Celebrating 22 years of marriage, retiring from the Navy, got my unicorn bottle as well as a couple winnings! Can’t wait to crack these open soon!

2008-2012 SW PVW20 (unicorn and retirement/anniversary gift)

And some “winnings”!!!

Comment

For you tequila guys, one of my favorites is Casa Noble Anejo. It’s really good over ice! And for a good summer drink, I like a good tequila mixed with squirt. Really good!

Comment

Originally posted by acc05R1 View Post
            Today has been a pretty good day, for me. Celebrating 22 years of marriage, retiring from the Navy, got my unicorn bottle as well as a couple winnings! Can’t wait to crack these open soon!

And some “winnings”!!!

Hot ****!

Comment

"Too much of anything is bad but too much good whiskey is barely enough."--Mark Twain.

Comment

I’m a huge tequila fan. In the summer I switch off bourbon almost completely and drink tequila neat. Don Julio and Azul are my go to. The store has been trying to push this on me for awhile. Has mixed reviews but after your post I bought it......

I’ve honestly drank better from plastic.... and didn’t pay $65 for it. I can get rid of it making margaritas but it ain’t for me. My mouth taste like I ate a flower... that soaked in Jose quervo gold

If you enjoy sipping tequila that you can actually find: Don Julio (any variety) I prefer anejo and 70 over 1942... which is great also just overpriced. Azul is even better but can be hard to find. Patron is for mixing
                I currently have a pour of Don Julio 70, and I do not like it. Tastes cheap. Just like Patron Silver.
                It will probably make a decent margarita but I'll leave it there. Codigo Reposado for the win for me.

Last edited by TX_Kevin; 04-19-2019, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                  I currently have a pour of Don Julio 70, and I do not like it. Tastes cheap. Just like Patron Silver.
                  It will probably make a decent margarita but I'll leave it there. Codigo Reposado for the win for me.

Lol. If you were closer we could just swap lol

Comment

Re tried on rocks (fine to drink, but not a true representation) the ice killed the flower bouquet taste. The nose is still odd, not a tequila smell. Much more citrus but a metallic middle and zero finish. Just gone

Will say it’s better over ice..... but it ain’t Don Julio, good or bad.

Ron White (the comedian) is part owner in another tequila “Number Juan”. I’ve only found it in Hudson oaks but it’s a great Añejo also

Comment

Re tried on rocks (fine to drink, but not a true representation) the ice killed the flower bouquet taste. The nose is still odd, not a tequila smell. Much more citrus but a metallic middle and zero finish. Just gone

Ron White (the comedian) is part owner in another tequila “Number Juan”. I’ve only found it in Hudson oaks but it’s a great Añejo also

Comment

I am on G3 right now. I gave it a fair shot. I will change what I said - I do like it, just not as much as Codigo. What you say "is just gone" I see as being remarkably smooth and easy. Both are 80 proof, so neither are going to sneak up on you during a sentence.

In the Codigo there is like a hint of lime maybe. That's the flowery thing you mention. In the Don Julio, it's almost a smoke, kind of like Mezcal. I guess it is the oak barrel.

In any case amigo, since we can't swap I will raise a glass to you. Here's to cactus whiskey!

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                          Gentlemen -

im obviously very late to this thread - which brings me to my question:

Is Scotch an "unmentionable" to you fellas?

I started drinking Scotch recently and have found that I currently enjoy it much more than the bourbons and whisky I have sampled

Is anyone else in here a Scotch drinker?
                          Yes, my body doesn't tolerate Bourbon well at all.
                          Currently, The Macallan 12 year old is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                            Yes, my body doesn't tolerate Bourbon well at all.
                            Currently, The Macallan 12 year old is perfect.
                            The Macallan 12 was the drink that got me into scotch. Currently drinking Glen Moray with the Chardonnay Cask finish. Fantastic scotch for $30 a bottle.

Always keep a bottle of Glen Levitt 12 or 18 on the bar as the go to though.

Comment

Scotch (malt) is whiskey
                              Bourbon (corn) is whiskey
                              Whiskey (Rye) is whiskey

It’s all good and called as such in America based on the contents per the mash.

Canada [emoji1063] grades things differently BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by acc05R1 View Post

And some “winnings”!!!

Congrats on your retirement, your anniversary, and some good bottles!

Also, thank you for your service!

Comment

Working...
                                X