Best wireless camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
    Well looks like I'll have a couple very expensive artifacts soon enough.
    You can get an upgraded camera for $200.00 from Covert and you get to keep the old one. The pld one will quit sending at the end of the year. I justdid this. Contact Covert.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
      You can get an upgraded camera for $200.00 from Covert and you get to keep the old one. The pld one will quit sending at the end of the year. I justdid this. Contact Covert.
      haha. i wish. i have spartans. maybe they will give me some kind of credit. can't hurt to ask.

i only responded to the thread because i saw verizon 3G discussion and realized it didn't matter what brand of camera you had.

Comment

Any idea on the price point of the browning. Very interested

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
          I guess $200 is better then 300. Plus can keep the old one as a regular camera even though the older models missed alot of pics.

Comment

Originally posted by rlk123 View Post
            https://youtu.be/U86BHlv5oRI

Browning coming out with one this summer

Now this gets me excited. I have been running exclusively Browning Dark Ops cameras on public land for the past several years and have never had a problem with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spypoint wireless, with cell tower in range for surveillance or food plot. Photo quality is good, but not to read a licence plate.

Comment

Question: (Keep in mind I'm a first time cell cam buyer and learning...) I have AT&T as my cell provider. It looks like the Covert Code Black LTE uses AT&T, but my lease doesn't seem to pick up a good signal from my cell. Verizon seems to have a better signal there. If I got the Covert, would it only use my AT&T service, Or does the camera ping from different towers supported by Verizon? The Spypoint can support either Verizon or AT&T, but the reviews seem to point to Covert.

Comment

Covert sells Verizon cameras. You have to get the specific network you want just like a cell phone.
                  If Verizon has better service at your place get a verizon camera.

Anyone tried cuddeback with cuddelink/ cellular? I’ve got a hilly place with reception on top and not in the bottoms. I just don’t know if it’s worth it to try since they’re expensive and no guarantees it will work how I want it to.
                  I had okay luck with bushnell. One worked fine the other bushnell camera would send 20 pics all at once instead of right after taking individual picture.I think bushnell solar panel they sell has a smaller battery it charged which runs the camera. It then runs on internal batteries at night if the small battery loses its charge. Covert recharges the internal batteries. Had coverts since they first came out and they have gotten better in cell reception and ease of use. My covert has been out for a year now without touching it working well.
                  Last edited by rockspringshunt; 03-20-2019, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Best wireless camera

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                    Question: (Keep in mind I'm a first time cell cam buyer and learning...) I have AT&T as my cell provider. It looks like the Covert Code Black LTE uses AT&T, but my lease doesn't seem to pick up a good signal from my cell. Verizon seems to have a better signal there. If I got the Covert, would it only use my AT&T service, Or does the camera ping from different towers supported by Verizon? The Spypoint can support either Verizon or AT&T, but the reviews seem to point to Covert.

Covert makes a Verizon camera . I believe it is called the Blackhawk?

Same camera with a Verizon antenna.

Last edited by Smart; 03-20-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by rockspringshunt View Post
                        Covert sells Verizon cameras. You have to get the specific network you want just like a cell phone.
                        If Verizon has better service at your place get a verizon camera.

Anyone tried cuddeback with cuddelink/ cellular? I’ve got a hilly place with reception on top and not in the bottoms. I just don’t know if it’s worth it to try since they’re expensive and no guarantees it will work how I want it to.

I have similar cell reception issues at my place, I got the extended range antenna and put it on a 12’ pole and it sends fine now.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Covert makes a Verizon camera . I believe it is called the Blackhawk?

Same camera with a Verizon antenna.

Update: I got the Covert Blackhawk with the solar panel and booster antenna. I set it up and had some issues with sending manual test photo's etc. I have a good signal, but they said Verison had conectivity issues on Their end. I took it to the deer lease and got it all set up and tried to send a test pic..., yea, It wouldn't work... After talking to customer support, they had me disconnect the antenna, wait 15 seconds, pop out the battery compartment/re install, update the firmware, update the SD card, and shake a chicken bone at it... I finally got it to send a test pic to my cell. When I got home, I tried to send a manual test pic to myself and it didn't work. A day passed, and I started getting pics of hogs etc for about 4 hours straight! Then it just stopped. I called customer service, again and they're sending free postage so I can mail it back. They want to test the camera and booster antenna. If there are camera issues, they said they would send a new camera and have it set up and ready to go when I got it. If the antenna is bad, they'll replace it. They also said they would comp my service plan for lack of service and issues. Customer service has been great, and doing everything they can. I just hope they can get it resolved so I can use it.

Comment

For you folks that seem to have low to week signals, try looking into yagi antennas. These antennas seem to make a significant difference. You just have to point them in the direction of the cell tower.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                              Just a thought for the guys not really wanting to throw out a ton of money on a cell cam. Spypoint is releasing their newest cell camera, the Spypoint Link Micro in April. $150 cell camera and probably the smallest one out there. It's something I will be considering here soon.

Any new on these? Are they still slated to be out this month?

Comment

Spartan or Covert is all I will spend my money on. I have tried Bushnell and Spypoint. Never again

Comment

Working...
                                X