No announcement yet.

Low T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My insurance covers injectable, but not the pellets. But, there is $100 co-pay or something with the injectable (monthly), so it ends up being a wash. I gave $700 for pellets that last 6 months.

Comment

And I started with a PCP, and am going to a urologist for the testosterone treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
        You’ll get all that back once you get settled into your routine with it. This is the fountain of youth for middle aged men.
        I certainly hope so. I've been told these exact same words by a few buddies who are on shots as well.

Comment

"DO NOT take T replacement if prostate cancer runs in your family unless you want to greatly increase your chances of cancer"..

I was told exactly that by an oncologist at MDA so take it for what it is worth... My DAD lost his battle with a highly aggressive form of prostate cancer.. I won't even consider taking it now.. I am 56 and it would be nice but I'll pass..
          Last edited by PondPopper; 01-14-2022, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I just pay my copay when I go. As mentinoed before make sure you go for blood work every 3 months to keep an eye on everything. Initially I didnt like the idea of having to go every three months but I now I like the idea of them sending my blood to a lab all the time just to keep an eye on everything.

I dont feel like I have more energy but I am much less irritable in the evenings than I used to be and it has helped me to put on muscle mass.

Edit: To answer your question about the shots, I take a pill for the testosterone and then the estrogen blocker so no shots for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              "DO NOT take T replacement if prostate cancer runs in your family unless you want to greatly increase your chances of cancer"..

I was told exactly that by an oncologist at MDA so take it for what it is worth... My DAD lost his battle with a highly aggressive form of prostate cancer.. I won't even consider taking it now.. I am 56 and it would be nice but I'll pass..
              I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. This is a big concern for me. I will be doing my own research, and will probably reach out to my Dad's doctor. I should have stated that my Dad just recently had his removed and thanks to God everything turned out as well as it could have so far. They don't even think they will need to do radiation.

I say all of that to say that when he was going through all of the tests at MDA they came to the conclusion that his "form" of prostrate cancer was random for whatever that is worth, but we have had several males in our family that have had it.

Comment

Lots of good information here... http://https://discussions.texasbowh...t=testosterone
                Last edited by Tbuddyandroby; 01-14-2022, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                  If the link don't work, search this forum for "Testosterone Therapy" Black Ice started...

Comment

I know you didn't ask this question but sharing because I'm just amazed with the results. If your health isn't priority, it is probably the issue. I made a drastic change over the last 6 months and am a different person. Worth every effort vs taking scripts. Amazing what a clean diet, water intake, sleep and moderate exercise can do for you.

Comment

Do not start shots or whatever to raise your T until you absolutely need to. Once you start, when you stop you'll be far worse off.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Riley View Post
                        If you are in the Houston area check out Texas Regional Urology. They seem to be pretty good so far. My insurance covers it, but GoodRx also gets a pretty good price at some pharmacies. Regarding the shot, the first time I took one, I hem hawed around for about thirty minutes. I hated needles and the thought of a shot. Then when I took the plunge, I didn't even feel it much. Now the weekly shots are no big deal!

I use Dr Hogan at TRU. Good doctor that listens and has tailored my meds to what works best for be. I switched to half dose 2x per week instead of 1x, helped level things out and avoid this highs and lows. Anastrozole helps with estrogen and haven’t needed else. 650-750 is a good number for me, was 75 without it at 38 years old.
                        Try GoodRX at HEB, $54 for 12 weeks of T.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                          I know you didn't ask this question but sharing because I'm just amazed with the results. If your health isn't priority, it is probably the issue. I made a drastic change over the last 6 months and am a different person. Worth every effort vs taking scripts. Amazing what a clean diet, water intake, sleep and moderate exercise can do for you.
                          This is where I would start as well as getting levels checked. If you're a beer drinker defiantly could be related as well. I switched from beer to Tito's and never looked back .

Just drinking water, and moving to a low carb/gluten diet you will probably feel a difference immediately.

Comment

I am not sure how some of us old farts survived without all this T stuff? Hopefully all you manly men are making the right call with these treatments. Speaking for myself I am not doing anything to get me back in MD Anderson if I can help it.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                              I am not sure how some of us old farts survived without all this T stuff? Hopefully all you manly men are making the right call with these treatments. Speaking for myself I am not doing anything to get me back in MD Anderson if I can help it.
                              How old are you?
                              It's definitely a nation-wide trend.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                                I made a drastic change over the last 6 months and am a different person. Worth every effort vs taking scripts. Amazing what a clean diet, water intake, sleep and moderate exercise can do for you.
                                Does that diet include RC Cola and Moonpies?

Comment

Working...
                                X