No announcement yet.

Company not following union contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stir up a lot of trouble and the next time you drop a can of paint, you will be out the door.

If you don't like the place you work, leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      So basically you are saying you are a non dues paying union member. In other words you are riding the dues paying members coattails? You want everything they work and pay for to be free to you?
      Well said

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        Maybe they did represent him. You are only hearing his side the story. Not uncommon for rats to lie.

Anyone that meets with mgt without a rep is not in their right mind anyway.
        Call me crazy…. I represented myself and multiple other employees on multiple occasions for separate issues and the only time I failed to win was based on a time issue when I filed paper work beyond the time limits.

I also managed over employees in this same place for over six years. Not once did the union file a grievance on me. The few times they brought up concerns I was more than happy to explain to them not just why I had taken action but also what article of the agreement they would need to challenge. Not once did it go on beyond that while I was a manager.

After, I got tired of baby sitting grown arse adults I requested and was granted a demotion. Again, without the union or ever consulting with them I made management change some decisions they had made on stuff as to how they issued leave because they had strayed from the article agreed up on.

I am sure my experience with the union I was a part of and the union you are in are different. But I can’t think of one good thing the union did for me. You seem very happy with yours so it’s all good until someone not so educated on the “contract” gets left out by both sides.

And to be “fair” since that’s what most unions want there are “rats” in management, the workforce, and in the union.
        Last edited by Pedernal; 01-14-2022, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
          Stir up a lot of trouble and the next time you drop a can of paint, you will be out the door.

This IMHO. In this situation, causing a stink about the procedural process isn't going to get you the job. Unproveable, but I would think it may well hurt your chances next time as well. Does your supervisor know you want a different position? Does his or her boss as well? What are you doing to set yourself up for that position and set yourself apart from others?

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post

This is why any concerns and or complaints brought up to management must be well documented. With documentation, it would be easy to prove management retaliation.

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
            This IMHO. In this situation, causing a stink about the procedural process isn't going to get you the job. Unproveable, but I would think it may well hurt your chances next time as well. Does your supervisor know you want a different position? Does his or her boss as well? What are you doing to set yourself up for that position and set yourself apart from others?
            This along with getting some one else to write the letter are the best posts and bits of advice I have seen on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jgard View Post
              I told them 6 times 18 years ago to get me a application and I would join I’m still waiting on that application
              A union not wanting more dues?
              That would be a first.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                Call me crazy…. I represented myself and multiple other employees on multiple occasions for separate issues and the only time I failed to win was based on a time issue when I filed paper work beyond the time limits.

I also managed over employees in this same place for over six years. Not once did the union file a grievance on me. The few times they brought up concerns I was more than happy to explain to them not just why I had taken action but also what article of the agreement they would need to challenge. Not once did it go on beyond that while I was a manager.

After, I got tired of baby sitting grown arse adults I requested and was granted a demotion. Again, without the union or ever consulting with them I made management change some decisions they had made on stuff as to how they issued leave because they had strayed from the article agreed up on.

I am sure my experience with the union I was a part of and the union you are in are different. But I can’t think of one good thing the union did for me. You seem very happy with yours so it’s all good until someone not so educated on the “contract” gets left out by both sides.

And to be “fair” since that’s what most unions want there are “rats” in management, the workforce, and in the union.
                You are right. Rats everywhere. But, also remember lots of HR and supervisors were once hourly and union members. They may gripe about unions on occasion. Although, some never forgot where they came from and they know how it will cause issues supporting a free loader.

I have met a lot of good stewards from Sherwin Williams. I can give a whole page of recommendations to this person. But, I be ****ed if I screw his union brothers and sisters like that. The one and only piece of advice he needs is to join the union and start paying dues. He should not work at a union facility and have nice pay and benefits if he is against the union.

Comment

Originally posted by jgard View Post
                  I told them 6 times 18 years ago to get me a application and I would join I’m still waiting on that application
                  Are you not able to drive to the union hall and fill one out yourself. Why is it “they” is always the problem. Sounds like your coworkers would prefer you stay out the union due to prior and current issues. We have a few just like you. People ask me all the time why I don’t ask them to join. My answer is… would or could you depend on this person to have your back or stab you in the back? Gets pretty quiet after that.

Comment

Unions have an A game and a B game. If your not paying dues, you’ll get the B game. They typically “have” to represent you. But may not give their best effort

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                      Unions have an A game and a B game. If your not paying dues, you’ll get the B game. They typically “have” to represent you. But may not give their best effort

You can pay and get Racehorse Haynes.
                      Or, get a court appointed attorney

Comment

OP, sounds like you didn't pay the special treatment fees, so you didn't get the special job. That's how it works.

Comment

That's why you pay Union dues. Bring it up with them.

If the company decided NOT to fill that position there is nothing you can do.

Comment

Not a union guy, but find it ridiculous they have to cover a non-paying non-member.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              Two? I only see one, and it’s not even at the end of the diatribe. How does one arbitrarily place one period after one sentence but not the other 15 or so sentences? Why just that one sentence???
                              Because freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                                Not a union guy, but find it ridiculous they have to cover a non-paying non-member.
                                Yeah, seems a little off.

Comment

Working...
                                X