Why would Utah ban trail Cams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
    Lots of grumbling on the web that Arizona may be next to restrict the use of "cell type" trail cameras on public lands, targeting the state managed water sources.

Rwc
    Already did as of Jan 1 2022 I think. Loophole though is its still allowed for "Wildlife viewing" but not for " the aid in take of wildlife". Not so sure how that one is going to play out

Comment

Glad to hear this - nothing better than earning some inside knowledge scouting - and glassing - and doing it like those before did.

Utah is B&C Muley Country. The boys on the left coast - this is their SOUTH TEXAS WORLD in the Trophy quest for Muley bone.

And Public Land hunts - cameras somehow increase the OWNERSHIP OF A SETUP more - on Public Land - and I can be close to darn well certain - mixing a bunch of TYPE A HUNTERS into a Property on Public land scene = Nothing good to come of it.

Zero feeders - zero influence and all free chase - fair game - TROPHY HUNTERS.

CAMERAS give the edge to TODAY'S hunter - those old records never had them and glad to see them kick that crap to the curb out there.

Leave it FREE and make them EARN IT - TOP DOWN.

We camped months and scouted - in mule deer country - well ahead of the September openers.

Cameras then - did not exist and if they did - I can guarantee those found would end up missing - not by me but the LOCALS

Out west - many frown on feeders - technology - ATVs (horseback bike or foot only) - lived it and hunted it 1996 - 2000 living and working out west.

My taxidermist who mounted my mule deer - many book class UTAH Mule deer in his home in Western Washington State. He left Washington each year - the entire season in Utah - was his world. And him and many of that time - frown on anything but fair chase. Base camp on public land - horses and hiking to well glassed and scouted areas - where book animals were scouted - and that info - was tight.

Cameras - this tosses that inside work and knowledge - without the investment and time - into doing it truly FAIR CHASE.

Thats my .2

The series YOSEMITE comes to mind......I bet they would love game cameras?

Comment

Because people are ***holes.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
          Man, quit while you are behind!
          Really an autocorrect error, and that is what you are focusing on? GFYS

Comment

Opening morning - mule deer country - Public Land - BLAZE ORANGE in the EASY ZONES. Add cameras - I can see some SSS scenes with many - who are caught up in the moment.

It's bad enough to deal with others - on PUBLIC LAND HUNTS.

No stands illegal, no feeders illegal, no mechanized mobility machines to pack in and or out.

That's how I lived it and that wasn't too long ago there.

The WIFI techno BS doesn't fly - with the spirit of the WEST.

Let's keep it that way.

We have other areas where those who are in that business, money drives everything - let them shoot all the hogs and managed hunts - if that floats your boat - till the cows come home

WEST = KEEP IT PURE

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
              Already did as of Jan 1 2022 I think. Loophole though is its still allowed for "Wildlife viewing" but not for " the aid in take of wildlife". Not so sure how that one is going to play out
              Yes sir, you are correct. I should have read a little more before posting.

Rwc

Comment

I'm all for banning it, keep the wild, wild.

Comment

I dig it. Wish other western states would follow suit.

I'm also kinda glad the law extends to private land as well. No reason landowners or their leasees should get to play by different rules than the people that hunt public.

Comment

One outfitter had 400 cameras. I hate fooling with 5-6!

No dog in this fight, but for big game it seems to conflict with fair chase.
                    Very effective on pigs here in Texas!

Also, all the camera owners seem like too much foot traffic around a vital water hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                      One outfitter had 400 cameras. I hate fooling with 5-6!

No dog in this fight, but for big game it seems to conflict with fair chase.
                      Very effective on pigs here in Texas!

Also, all the camera owners seem like too much foot traffic around a vital water hole.
                      Now that's the guy we need to answer the question "what is the best cellular trail cam".

I'll bet you $100 he doesn't say Spypoint.

Comment

Originally posted by redsnapper101 View Post
                        YES , heard is a common term used to describe a deer population in a given area....
                        I heard somewhere that the term to describe a deer population is "herd".

Comment

YES , heard is a common term used to describe a deer population in a given area....
                          Herd, not heard.

Comment

Thankfully Wyoming also bans them.

Comment

Ban away, I’m good with it, when they became real time cellular the fair chase line was overstepped. I see it no different than thermal/night vision not being legal for take of deer.

Comment

Really an autocorrect error, and that is what you are focusing on? GFYS
                                Haaaaa. Amazing how everyone else types “herd immunity” or “deer herd” and it doesn’t change. Have a swell day.

Comment

Working...
                                X