Antler's falling off already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
    I found one side on the ground to a buck I call Velvet 10 this past Saturday. On the camera he shed on 12/27/2021.
    That’s gonna be a goodun!

Comment

Bucks I saw around the house today still got their racks.

One got on a doe down by the pond.

I guess they ain’t done rutting yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
        That’s gonna be a goodun!
        Thanks. This year was his best rack so far. He normally hangs on to his velvet late into bow season.

We typically have a few that shed in January but the majority of our bucks shed around that 2nd week of March timeframe.

Comment

If he looked healthy, I wouldn't worry about it. Some deer just drop early, just like some does cycle early.

We've got an 8+ year old running around that's on a way earlier cycle than everything else. He usually sheds the first week of January. He also grows way ahead of everyone too and will be done growing before the end of July. He makes everything else look bad during the first few weeks of summer protein pics, then he gets done growing and the rest keep going.

We have another 7 YO buck that keeps his horns until almost April. Same property.

I know of a ranch that had a 200" deer shed right after Christmas last year, then got shot as a doe a week or two later. The timing can definitely cause problems.

Comment

I hunt Southeast Ok. My #1 shooter was coming back around after they logged our place. On the 20th he was at the feeder before dark. the next day missing one side and the next both sides gone. On to #2 on list. Showed up while i was in the stand on the 27th and was missing one side. I haven't gotten pics of a buck with horns since the 30th.

Comment

My target buck this season got that way because he shed before Christmas in 2020 so I had to put it off. I wish I hadn’t though because someone else ended up killing him this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                I found one side on the ground to a buck I call Velvet 10 this past Saturday. On the camera he shed on 12/27/2021.
                I found the other side to Velvet 10 today outside my protein feed pen. Very happy to have been able to find both sides. He’s always been a 10 but this year he was almost a 14. He broke off his left g2 kicker when he was in velvet.
                Attached Files

Comment

Ive gotten a lot that have dropped this year

Comment

I got a picture of a deer that dropped both sides between yesterday morning and last night

Comment

I’ve been seeing several “half rack” bucks on camera

Comment

I found my first shed last week. Im in Gonzales county.

Comment

If the bucks here don't quit fighting and breaking everything off, there won't be anything left to shed.

Comment

I think all of my mature bucks shed in early October or turned into armadillos.

Comment

I had no idea some deer shed that early.

Comment

Wow

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                                We have a few that have dropped. Some just one side some both. Already found these from one deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Holy Crap. That's a Monster. Very nice

Comment

Working...
                                X