Nashville Trip Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nashville Trip Ideas

Headed to Nashville next week. Any one have anything i need to try out specifically? Got a few major attractions on my list...Any good restaurant and Bar suggestions?

Breakfast at The Southern Steak and Oyster (try the My Way if you're there for breakfast/brunch...its weird but good), Peg Leg Porker, and find your self some hot chicken (Princes for the authentic, Hattie Bs for more locations). Country Music Hall of Fame. Roberts Western World.

Comment

We enjoyed the Country Music Hall of Fame. Party Fowl for some hot chicken (Hattie B's was always too packed) Kayne Prime had some good steak, higher end, little pricey but it was good.

Comment

Check out the Bars on Printers alley, good nightlife, not so touristy as music row. If you’re a bourbon fan or into the speak easy vibe you should check out Old Glory, awesome bartenders, great atmosphere, and a decent selection of hard to find bourbon.

Comment

My favorite place to catch local music is Belcourt Taps. I love the venue and you will see a ton of original music.

Comment

The Ryman, HOF, they have a few breweries. We liked Edleys BBQ (actually got our hot chicken there), peg leg porker, acme feed and seed. Take a ride to the Jack Daniels distillery or Franklin (similar to Fredricksburg) Mammoth cave is pretty close also but we didn’t make it there.

Comment

following

Comment

BoJangles for Chicken and Biscuits

Nickys wood fired Pizza

BoJangles

Comment

Go to "Winners" then right next door "Losers", 2 great local hangout bars.

Winners does a live music multiple artist showcase called Whiskey Jam (I think on Monday's an Thursday's ) it's a great time, check Facebook for lineup. They usually have some big names stop in for a 3 song set.

The Southern mentioned above is great too!

Comment

Printers Alley for sure, Hattie Bs was not bad, we went to some high end steakhouse that was packed every night.....we ended up eating in the bar area, can't remember the name. Great city and growing big time. Even saw Gary Clark, Jr at a free outside venue not far from our hotel diwntown......definitely a lot to deaux pre covid. My wife toured Vanderbilt medical museum. We went over to Tennessee State University to take pictures in the fraternity & sorority Greek gardens. Also went over to MeHarry Medical College since our daughter had been accepted into their graduate program in biomedical research.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Landrover; 02-22-2021, 03:18 PM.

Comment

The Johnny Cash museum is great. I actually preferred it more than the Country Music Hall of Fame.

Comment

Any bar up and down Broadway.
                        Johnny and June Cash Gravesites.
                        Jack Daniels Distillery tour..
                        Opry Mills and the Willie Nelson Museum..

Comment

As listed above, The Southern for a meal, no doubt. Also mentioned Winners bar for Whiskey Jam. I think it's Tuesdays and Thursdays but you can google it. We were there about 3 weeks ago and had a blast. Had to get to Whiskey Jam around 6:30 due to them reaching capacity quickly. The only issue I had was being forced to sit down in every bar due to Covid rules.. I didn't think it would be an issue but I soon realized I liked to stand up in most bars... We also ate at Biscuit Love for breakfast, it was a good, but the line was long, so get there early.

Comment

The Row was pretty good eating.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I saw one of you mentioned Mammoth Cave. Any other outdoor attractions? We are going Thursday- Monday

Comment

Working...
                              X