UTV Bed Winches ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
    I use a 9K winch from harbor fright for a hay spear on one of my flatbeds. Been great but the wireless ads on remotes they have are junk. Zero problems for 2+ years on the winch. Also use it on one of my goosenecks. Also have a champion winch that has worked great as well. Tractor supply winches aren’t much more and better quality I think...
    Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
      Are you guys running an aux battery for these?
      No, I’m just using the regular battery.

[quote=Radar;14391468]
      Originally posted by WTucker View Post
      It’s actually a piece of c-channel, and yes I used U bolts. I couldn’t convince myself to weld on my new buggy.[/QUOT

I like the idea, and need to do this. However, I have a Mule so I need to do some looking and figuring. Yeah and I aint welding on a brand new mule either. That c channel is 3 or 4 inch wide?

Do you think a sealed 12v motorcycle battery would have enough amps to run one of them winches? I aint sure I want to run it off the Mule battery
      I will have to look to be sure, but I think it was 3”.

Another battery would run it, but for how long I don’t know. I tied it onto the battery on my buggy because I figured if it can run the front winch to drag me out of the mud, it will run the small one for 30 seconds to drag a deer/hog in the back.

Comment

[quote=WTucker;14391526]No, I’m just using the regular battery.

Originally posted by Radar View Post

I will have to look to be sure, but I think it was 3”.

Another battery would run it, but for how long I don’t know. I tied it onto the battery on my buggy because I figured if it can run the front winch to drag me out of the mud, it will run the small one for 30 seconds to drag a deer/hog in the back.
        I think I am going to tie it into a toggle switch on the dash like the front winch is somehow. That way I can cut power to it

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
          Do you have a front winch ? Is so put 2 pulleys in your roll cage and use the winch in the front

Keith, I'm going to look at mine and see if I have enough clearance to run the front winch line over the Tough Country bumper to the roll cage with pulleys... That'd be a good fix if I can make it work... Got a basket/rack on the front I'd have to clear too, but gonna check it out.
          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            I have a WARN on the front for the hard work.

Yea, I do too. Gonna take a look at rigging up some pulleys like Strummer suggested too!

Comment

Do you have a front winch ? Is so put 2 pulleys in your roll cage and use the winch in the front
              So the idea is to put one on the front roll cage bar and one on the back roll cage bar to slip the winch line through when needed?
              I have a Harbor Freight winch that needs to be mounted and was just thinking of how to use it for dual purpose (getting unstuck and picking up game).

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                So the idea is to put one on the front roll cage bar and one on the back roll cage bar to slip the winch line through when needed?
                I have a Harbor Freight winch that needs to be mounted and was just thinking of how to use it for dual purpose (getting unstuck and picking up game).

Yes that what I’m talking about . Did it on my rhino when I had it .

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Keith, I'm going to look at mine and see if I have enough clearance to run the front winch line over the Tough Country bumper to the roll cage with pulleys... That'd be a good fix if I can make it work... Got a basket/rack on the front I'd have to clear too, but gonna check it out.
                  Thanks!

I did it on my rhino when I had it . For me it worked pretty good . Having a remote for the winch made it easy to work .

Comment

I did it on my rhino when I had it . For me it worked pretty good . Having a remote for the winch made it easy to work .
                    Strum do you have pics? I wouldn’t mind having a back winch at times though. You always have good ideas

Comment

Yes that what I’m talking about . Did it on my rhino when I had it .
                      I have a rhino. Do you have any pictures of when you had it?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        Strum do you have pics? I wouldn’t mind having a back winch at times though. You always have good ideas

I sure don’t . Wish I did .

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                          I have a rhino. Do you have any pictures of when you had it?

No sir I don’t . Sold it when I got my mule years ago .

Comment

Badlands 5000 winch from Harbor freight are good winches and will be fine exposed to the weather. I have 3 of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive done this on many occasions.

Ive got a replacement bumper on the front of my ranger. Its got a hoop over the winch and Ive placed a custom made, high quality piece of PVC pipe on the hoop to allow the winch rope to slide on easier. From there I place a clevis on the rear of the roll cage with a pulley for the winch rope. Tilt the bed and winch it on in.

It worked for elk very well
                              Last edited by Quackerbox; 09-26-2019, 06:45 AM.

Comment

bed winches are normal winches?

Comment

Working...
                                X