Dr ashby up dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr ashby up dates

Well after 12 years of more data taken. We can finally start showing the data. The 12 penetration factors are up dated.

Thank you for the information...the research describes the attributes of Rage broadheads...outstanding

Comment

Everyone should take the time to read that article

Comment

Originally posted by 10132297 View Post
        Thank you for the information...the research describes the attributes of Rage broadheads...outstanding
        Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
          Everyone should take the time to read that article
          Yes, whether you believe it or not. It is still good data

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There are some common sense things in there such as statements on broadhead sharpness. There are some things in there which are quantifiable such as arrow weigh, momentum and such. There are things in there I agree with. There are things in there that are just not completely accurate. There are things in there I disagree with.
              I'm not an Ashby worshiper though.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                There are some common sense things in there such as statements on broadhead sharpness. There are some things in there which are quantifiable such as arrow weigh, momentum and such. There are things in there I agree with. There are things in there that are just not completely accurate. There are things in there I disagree with.
                Yes there will always be data people dont agree with. And yes there is some common sence in there. Problem with that is, it must be stated. People don’t have common sence any more. If they did we wouldn’t need warning labels. Hahha

What parts are not completely accurate to you. I will let him know your thoughts next month when I go see him.

This is just the beginning of the data. There is a **** ton of data remember it’s been 12 years of more collected data

Comment

You don't have to be an Ashby fan to appreciate science and physics

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                    You don't have to be an Ashby fan to appreciate science and physics
                    Thank you. Nice response.

Comment

I have never personally met him but he was instrumental in putting together the arrow I used to kill my Elephant.

He called me and I have no doubt he is a lot smarter fellow than I am

He called me after I made a post in Trad Gang about needing a 1200 grain arrow that would spine out of my 84# bow.
                      I built exactly what he suggested and it worked very well.
                      I was somewhat surprised he did not recommend his own broadhead.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	451.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	24568074

Comment

Good info if your shooting the big 5, or light gear

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
                          Good info if your shooting the big 5, or light gear
                          Actually it’s great information for any animal. The data of what happens won’t change. You just adjust things for what you are hunting. All I need for my area to hunt deer is 425 gr arrow with the proper broadhead. But I’ve had pigs stop 500gr arrows. So for my hogs I’ve increaed FOC changed type of heads and I’m still at 500gr but now I get a passthrough.

Comment

I had the same arrow get different result at similar distances on similarly sized animals.
                            If the science were so exact I wouldn't blow through both sides of a 200lb boars shield with one shot then only get 10" of penetration on the next one.
                            Yes, some of the math works. And if you are the only man on earth hunting an elephant with a recurve or one of the few doing the same on Cape buffalo it probably will help you. But out of the millions of other bowhunters it is over thinking the equation. If not the tens of thousands of deer and pigseach year killed with mechanical broadheads on the front of arrows at 7.5gpp and 11%foc would still be alive because nobody would get enough penetration.

Gary

Comment

^^^ nobody is forcing this on you. Good grief.

Comment

Working...
                              X