Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
    What did you shoot? Find it?

Shot a doe looked for 3 hours but nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
      Shot a doe looked for 3 hours but nothing

I can check to see if someone is "on duty" if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by dustin_mud View Post
        More upset with the law, I know it’s his job but **** opening morning at first light?! I was trying to be smart a chose a very small piece of land fare away from the rest but looks like I wasn’t the only one thinking that.

They did that to us opening day of dove season. 1st time since I started hunting as I kid I have ever gotten checked. Drove right up to our set in the middle of the field. I was pretty pist to say the least and was not cordial to them.

Comment

Saw one smaller buck this morning, he came into about 15 yards. Nothing else. Hopefully the evening comes more alive.

Comment

I’m available to help track.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              I can check to see if someone is "on duty" if you like.

Thanks but I think she is gone

Comment

There's a sticky at the top of the around the campfire forum that has references.

We didn't see anything but heard one blow about 7:25. Got a little rain about 10. Glad we were in the ground blind. Not a lot of rubs on the unit we are in. Moving to unit C for next Sunday. Son has a HS bass tourney next Saturday.

Comment

More upset with the law, I know it’s his job but **** opening morning at first light?! I was trying to be smart a chose a very small piece of land fare away from the rest but looks like I wasn’t the only one thinking that.
                  You should blame the unethical hunters that were baiting game. They are the ones responsible for the FS LEO checking the unit at daylight.

Comment

Sorry man!

Comment

I saw 1 doe at about 50 yards but that was it. Scouted for about 2 years and saw lots of rubs and a few scrapes in one area.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                        You should blame the unethical hunters that were baiting game. They are the ones responsible for the FS LEO checking the unit at daylight.
                        Oh I do blame the trash that can’t fallow simple rules. I don’t blame the officer, was just frustrating.

Comment

Oh I do blame the trash that can’t fallow simple rules. I don’t blame the officer, was just frustrating.
                          I certainly understand. Good luck.

Comment

Tree less than 30 yards from my blind: Sneeze.
                            Me: Bless you.
                            Tree: Thank you.

Pretty sums up my first public hunt. Lol

But really it teaches me I need to work harder or walk farther the. The next hunter. With everything I still had a fun day.

Comment

Sat all day, had a doe blow at my blind... Pretty sure she didn't smell me or see me move, but she could tell the view was obscured. Lost an opportunity to shoot a doe when another hunter bumped her on his way in. Ended up meeting the guy on the way out. Good guy. So far everyone I have met in LBJ has been nice.

Also, I have yet to take a deer with a bow, but this is the year, I can feel it.

Comment

How come we do not have a Caddo Grasslands thread? Or is it included in this one? Does no one hunt up there? Is it not worth talking about? Or are the few of us that do hunt up there just don’t say anything about it. I am sure as fast as that area is growing it will be swarming in a few years

Comment

Working...
                                X