No announcement yet.

10 day demand letter help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope everything works out for you bro. You have been extremely patient with these morons. I commend you for your cool head under pressure. I definitely will not be renting our toy hauler now.

Comment

Just read this. My nephews have a large scale mowing business in Ft Bend County. Over the years they have had several trailers and tractors stolen from them. Luckily for them they have GPS trackers on everything. Having worked at the Ft Bend County Sheriff's Office I reached out to an Ex Co Worker who was in auto theft and gave him the coordinates of the mowers, trailers or tractors. A couple cases got filed but nothing ever happened to anyone. When I looked up the cases I saw they were dismissed. This was interesting to me since I was, at the time an investigator the the District Attorneys Office. I went up to the prosecutors office and asked them what was going on and they said, we could not prove who stole the machines. Remind you, the guys truck was on video, the video shoed him having a limp just like the person caught with the the machines, the trailers which was stolen was found 2 blocks from his house but they still dismissed it because it was not a solid case.

To the OP I hope you get your stuff back as that is better than anything. However I have not been very impressed with the DAs office in our county. Maybe that's why I no longer work there. Let me know if you need any contacts of have any question's, comments or concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
        That other lady is going to contact others in the Venmo list. We will have our ducks in a row before we proceed past getting our trailer back.
        JMO - You need to charge in like a rabid dog...Push the limits of going to jail yourself. Sounds like the loudest meanest dog may get some money and everyone else who plays nice will be waiting for years to get maybe something.

It doesn't matter if your one minute away from getting some money if they declare BK. It resets to a whole new ball game.

I really hope you can force something out of them tomorrow. They should still have some money flowing in through renters. I can't stand the thought of people like this getting away with screwing so many people.

Is there a way to contact courts where they'd file for bankruptcy? You know they'd file based on covid, recession, and any other BS they can make up (except blowing the money).

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          JMO - You need to charge in like a rabid dog...Push the limits of going to jail yourself. Sounds like the loudest meanest dog may get some money and everyone else who plays nice will be waiting for years to get maybe something.
          Problem with our laws in this country is that he would likely be locked up for doing such a thing and the real bad guy is the one who gets protected

Man I hope you get these idiots and kill their business so they can do this anymore

Comment

I said "push the limits" Didn't say go beat or bite the guy. Just sit in his office and demand money until he calls the cops.

No way to win by sitting back playing nice.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              I said "push the limits" Didn't say go beat or bite the guy. Just sit in his office and demand money until he calls the cops.
              ..or pulls out the sawed off from under his desk.

Comment

Looking forward to a happy ending tomorrow, but let us know if it doesn't go that way.

Comment

Hopefully everything goes well for you today.

Comment

Hopefully everything goes your way today!

Comment

Good luck.

Let us know when you're meeting this guy.

Comment

In for an update!

Comment

In for the write up/LDPs

Comment

Hope it goes well today

Comment

How much do they owe you? Whenever you talk to a lawyer, make sure you ask them about the estimated costs to pursue them and even ask for a break down on what it will cost to send a demand letter, file the petition, go through discovery, have a trial, etc... Also discuss with them the options and opportunity for collecting on any judgment and whether you can recover your attorney's fees.

It sounds like you have a strong case. However, often times in this scenario, these types of actions mean the bad actor doesn't have any money. If that's the case, you may spend a bunch on an attorney, win in court, and get a piece of paper saying you won that you can frame and hang on your wall, but that's it. You just need to go into it with eyes wide open and make sure you aren't throwing good money after bad.

Comment

Tina called and texted the detective on Wednesday and again yesterday. She's at chemo today, so she's going to try again around noon. I do have a friend with a truck on standby.

My guess is like Mayhem said earlier, I think he's just buying time.

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                                How much do they owe you? Whenever you talk to a lawyer, make sure you ask them about the estimated costs to pursue them and even ask for a break down on what it will cost to send a demand letter, file the petition, go through discovery, have a trial, etc... Also discuss with them the options and opportunity for collecting on any judgment and whether you can recover your attorney's fees.

It sounds like you have a strong case. However, often times in this scenario, these types of actions mean the bad actor doesn't have any money. If that's the case, you may spend a bunch on an attorney, win in court, and get a piece of paper saying you won that you can frame and hang on your wall, but that's it. You just need to go into it with eyes wide open and make sure you aren't throwing good money after bad.
                                Right now they owe us for 6 months at $800 a month, so $4,800. No telling how much it's going to cost us to get the trailer back to the condition it was in when we took it to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X