Home Owners Insurance advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Mine has never gone up much if any....WHY???!!!

Because I shop it every 1-2 years and there is always someone who will come in substantially lower on home or auto. I also do not bundle, its cheaper

Pay in full for auto for 12 months at a time

My brothers college baseball teammate owns his own company and shops alot of different suppliers
    Been with Allstate 28 years and we shop every year but haven't been able to find a substantial enough saving to switch until this year. Allstate finally increased on us too much and we switched to Travellers. We bundle and saved about $2500 for the year and actually increased coverages.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      You really ought to get a quote from Texas Farm Bureau.
      I`m headed to Farm Bureau in about 30 minutes. My Germania went up 35 plus % on home and autos. No claims and no tickets. It doesn`t hurt to check prices no matter what. At least you did all you can to try and get a good quote.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Not bundling seems more costly when I look.

I use Cale also. Even if I found a little cheaper I wouldn't change. Why? Because peace of mind having an insurance guy that can answer a zillion questions and make sure your arse is really covered. Last thing I want is to pay in for 30 years and then be told...Oh you needed this other type insurance or some other BS excuse.

But Cale was far cheaper for us anyway.
        100% agree. I got a guy like Cale also. Answers any questions and has become a buddy. Its very helpful

The last 3 years it has been cheaper to not bundle. Paid $935 a year for 2 trucks on our plan for a year of coverage, paid in full. And home was cheaper thru another buddy

Comment

I told my wife, "the thing about saving on insurance premiums is that you don't really know if you're saving anything until it's time to use it. Then, and only then, will you know if it really was a better value or not"

Comment

Vote Republican

my policy doubled last month

Comment

I’ve been with State Farm for over 35 years. In the past no one has been able to beat them for the same coverage. I’ve reached out to a couple of insurance guys here on TBH and they were honest and said they couldn’t do better.

They have ALWAYS handled my claims in a fair and timely manner. I’ve never found a reason to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                I told my wife, "the thing about saving on insurance premiums is that you don't really know if you're saving anything until it's time to use it. Then, and only then, will you know if it really was a better value or not"

Bingo!
                I had Allstate from 1975 to 2009 and they decided they didn't want to insure our mobile home in 2009. I moved all my policies to Farmers 30 days before Hurricane Ike wiped our home out.
                Lady with Farmers drove up to the house, climbed up on the roof, looked in the windows, and wrote me a check for twice what we bought our home for. Told us to send her a list of contents and cost and she would send us another check for that. She did. We are still with Farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  Just emailed him...
                  Good for you.
                  Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  Not bundling seems more costly when I look.

I use Cale also. Even if I found a little cheaper I wouldn't change. Why? Because peace of mind having an insurance guy that can answer a zillion questions and make sure your arse is really covered. Last thing I want is to pay in for 30 years and then be told...Oh you needed this other type insurance or some other BS excuse.

But Cale was far cheaper for us anyway.
                  Cale will work for you and having access to so many different providers just makes sense. His agency is basically a Co-Op. He has helped us quite a bit over the years. Sometimes we save by bundling but not always. Bottom line....I trust him.

Comment

pitchforks and torches are in order.

Abbott is not your friend when it comes to his insurance carrier donors.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      I’ve been with State Farm for over 35 years. In the past no one has been able to beat them for the same coverage. I’ve reached out to a couple of insurance guys here on TBH and they were honest and said they couldn’t do better.

They have ALWAYS handled my claims in a fair and timely manner. I’ve never found a reason to leave.

WOW! Shocking

State Farm has always been one of the highest around me! Gotta pay for all their commercials

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                        Bingo!
                        I had Allstate from 1975 to 2009 and they decided they didn't want to insure our mobile home in 2009. I moved all my policies to Farmers 30 days before Hurricane Ike wiped our home out.
                        Lady with Farmers drove up to the house, climbed up on the roof, looked in the windows, and wrote me a check for twice what we bought our home for. Told us to send her a list of contents and cost and she would send us another check for that. She did. We are still with Farmers.
                        Thats awesome!

Especially on a depreciating asset that loses value quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Quite honestly, that’s laughable.

How many claims have you had?

If State Farm was my ‘good’ neighbor….I’d move.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post

I am with you!!! Awful dealings with them from every person I heard.

Including my neighbor who lost his court case last week

Comment

Home Owners Insurance advice

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post

Over that entire time maybe 3 collision auto claims, several comprehensive ones.

Homeowner, 2 lightning strikes and 1 plumbing leak. They are currently subrogating the plumber for the leak.

Over those years I’ve moved from MS to LA and now TX.

My TX agent has always been awesome.

Comment

Just bought my first home at the beginning of this year and not sure I got the best deal I could've for home insurance but needed something quick to close. Do you wait till your current policy is about to end to shop another one? Goosehead Insurance shopped for me and I went with a Safeco (Liberty Mutual) policy.
                                Definitely will reach out to Cale when I can.

Comment

Working...
                                X