No announcement yet.

hurricane season 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. Seems we've made it a season without dodging 1 bullet. Kinda nice for a change!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      Google machine says Texas has only been hit by 2 hurricanes in October since 1900

Statistical end to our season is coming quick, generally after a couple cool front make it off the coast. A hit can happen but incredibly unlikely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        I do not believe you are allowed to say that anymore on TBH. Its does not matter how beneficial the water will be to you or your livelihood. If it has the potential to harm someone else either physically or financially and you wish upon it, making it more likely to happen...then that is just wrong. This isn't the ol days of your father or grandfather...your personal thoughts can lead to severe consequences for others.
        I take this as a joke,our country is turning into one big wussy

Comment

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
          I take this as a joke,our country is turning into one big wussy
          You may be one of the few who actually got the tongue in cheek LOL

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
            Since you are offering suggestions on moving, maybe you should move away.from the coast. Maybe you should move away from a place that has annual hurricanes? I mean, just saying. Why does he have to move but you don't? Should he move to the coast so he can get good rainfall from a tropical depression or hurricane? Or better yet, why don't you tell him where to buy a house. What about all the people in fire danger because of the drought? Are you wishing them to stay in danger because you don't want a hurricane? See, it works both ways pal. You want them to stay in a drought and fire danger, so you don't have to experience a hurricane. Devastation goes both ways.

My dad is a farmer/rancher. We are in a drought in Cemtral Texas. Do we need rain? YES. Do hurricanes bring rain to us? YES. Do I have ill wishes on those who might be in the path of a hurricane? HELL NO. Do my wishes actually have any bearing on the weather? ABSOLUTELY FREAKING NOT. Do I want our cattle and hay to survive? YES. Does that mean I want destruction for you? NOPE.

And I am dropping the mic!
            Well Pal.....If literally any other member on this site would have mentioned a hurricane I wouldn't have given it two thoughts. gingib has been banned once, got a new name and spouts the same stupid stuff that got him banned in the first place. He contributes very little in a positive manner.

I don't give a **** where he lives. I also live in Houston which is not technically on the coast. I have not had any issues with my houses from hurricanes over the years. I do have a ton of friends who were hit extremely hard by 2 hurricanes in Lake Charles back to back. SE Texas and SW LA need to catch a break.

I don't want anyone's cows to die or have to be sold etc. I just don't have use for his comments because he says the same stupid stuff on every thread. Defend him all you want. I stand by my comments. Nothing he says or I say is going to change the weather that is being served up. It is stupid to wish a major hurricane on anyone so he personally can get a little rain. I wish everyone in Texas had all the rain they need to get by. Hell, I hope gingib gets a pop cell **** floater on his house. Hope that makes you sleep better.
            Last edited by TildenHunter; 09-16-2022, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Newest model run for GFS has another TX/La storm 10/4. Hope this doesn't play out this way. I know there is plenty of time for new model runs.

Comment

Wait until the next one’s out in a couple of hours, it’ll probably vanish.

These are some of the same people that can’t accurately forecast 12-24 hours in advance. There’s no way they can consistently be right 2 weeks out.

That isn’t to imply not to be prepared, which I’m sure most of us near the coast are, the time for concern is within 5 days of projected landfall. That’s when there should be a decent idea of where a system is going, or if there’s even going to be a system at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                  Wait until the next one’s out in a couple of hours, it’ll probably vanish.

These are some of the same people that can’t accurately forecast 12-24 hours in advance. There’s no way they can consistently be right 2 weeks out.

That isn’t to imply not to be prepared, which I’m sure most of us near the coast are, the time for concern is within 5 days of projected landfall. That’s when there should be a decent idea of where a system is going, or if there’s even going to be a system at all.
                  Right.

I almost wish they would keep the 2 week models top secret so the media cant hype people up into a freenzy. Its tiring.

Comment

Already bought 1000 rolls of toilet paper.

Comment

We survived the dark winter of death....fugg a hurricane!

Comment

? the models have been off all season. https://ust.chatango.com/um/c/a/camocook/img/l_570.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                          ? the models have been off all season. https://ust.chatango.com/um/c/a/camocook/img/l_570.jpg

Yesterday morning this one was at a 20% chance of development due to the shear coming off Fiona. This morning its in the red (60% +)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hmmm...
                            Attached Files

Comment

10 days out it shows hitting the Florida panhandle. Let's see how much that changes this time tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                                Hmmm...
                                It's starting to look like a definite possibility.....

This will be my final retirement storm, if it hits.

But our house in Florida is right in the cone of possibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X