Texas Tuna Safaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
    You’d better buy some 10 lb ankle weights just in case. Leverage is key!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just want to see you get seasick on a boat that don't have pontoons. Then we will talk. [emoji38][emoji38]

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      I just want to see you get seasick on a boat that don't have pontoons. Then we will talk. [emoji38][emoji38]

As long as he’s not driving the boat! Skloss can get lost with land in sight on all 4 sides!!!

Is there a way to heat food up on the boat or just bring cold food? With oyster season opening 2 days before we board I’m not holding out much hope for being able to find a gallon of fresh shucked anywhere. Boo.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        As long as he’s not driving the boat! Skloss can get lost with land in sight on all 4 sides!!!

Is there a way to heat food up on the boat or just bring cold food? With oyster season opening 2 days before we board I’m not holding out much hope for being able to find a gallon of fresh shucked anywhere. Boo.
        Hopefully one of the regulars will chime in but I'm pretty sure we can heat up food.

Comment

There is a microwave- some type of coffee maker usually- hot dog roller.

Comment

Looking forward to it! Been watching since the first trip. I find myself looking forward to the updates every year. Glad to have a chance to set sail with such a great group!

Comment

Disregard
              Last edited by Fargus; 09-17-2022, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                There is a microwave- some type of coffee maker usually- hot dog roller.

Pulled pork tacos are pretty dang good during long nights of pulling on awesome fish

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

Ain’t happening! The only time I’ve been seasick 22 out of 26 people on the boat got sick including some deckhands and one captain. Oddly enough it’s was a trip with Dolphin Docks back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post

Can’t wait to catch some hard heads with your ****ed oysters son!

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                      Ain’t happening! The only time I’ve been seasick 22 out of 26 people on the boat got sick including some deckhands and one captain. Oddly enough it’s was a trip with Dolphin Docks back in the day.

I'm just talking smack. I'll probably be hurling. Got sick a few times on big navy ships

Comment

Some of you Tuna Vets need to post up some tackle and gear recommendations for us rookies....

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                          Some of you Tuna Vets need to post up some tackle and gear recommendations for us rookies....
                          Got a email in the works coming soon for everybody. Me and chew are sitting here right now watching u tube videos of dolphin express trips!

Comment

Halco 130 - Color purple/black or one of the light blue colors
                            Freenzy flyer
                            Ahi Assault in Glo color

That would be 90% of lures

Fish are also caught on chunks of blackfin (chunking) and also catching live flying fish and floating them out. I have a bunch of flyers that got bent up and I’ll go see if I can straighten them out with heat gun
                            Last edited by glen; 09-20-2022, 07:33 PM.

Comment

And I would call anyone a vet or know what they are doing. Should have a good crew going that bring tons of knowledge and know how.

Comment

Contact Rob (At the wall) for tackle info. He generally very helpful.
                                If anyone is going on this trip from the DFW area you’re welcome to borrow my tackle. I’ve got an AVET MXL6/4-MC Raptor reel and a Calstar rail fighter rod. I also have some jugs and fish. Since I can’t make the trip I wouldn’t mind my equipment getting used for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X