New Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Truck

I got with in an hour of having good things to say about Toyota of Cedar Park. The kid we worked with was referred to me by an old friend. He was great, if not just a little green. He found what we wanted.

As soon as the management got involved it went south. They won’t “hold” a vehicle that’s not under contract, “fine get it written”. Truck was msrp with a little added for tinted windows and an interior protection thing *** ever. No crazy fees.

I explained very carefully to them that I did not want any bs when I went to finance. They had a published interest rate of 3.49 for anyone with a credit score >710. Mine is 800 +.
    Long and short we get to the terms and the finance hag has 6.8.

“Ma’am, is there an issue with my credit?”
    “No sir, it’s 800+, interest rates are just not that good.”
    “Ma’am-Toyota has a published rate of 3.49.”
    “Ok Mr. Dos, I’ll go ahead and change that”

That strumpet didn’t have to ask permission, nothing, she just did it. She was obviously the decision maker. She simply figured I’d over look it.

Stupid thing is I was trying to buy 2 trucks today with another one coming. Cedar Park Toyota will have to bend over to sell me either of the next 2

Car dealers suk-sorry, rant complete

Thats the first negative I've seen for Cedar Park Toyota. I bought a truck there and have been to look around, usually while getting truck serviced, many times. Helped my sister buy her car there also.

Sucks if they go downhill also.

Comment

Every thing was pretty solid until I hit finance. She 100% tried to give me a colonoscopy

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
        Every thing was pretty solid until I hit finance. She 100% tried to give me a colonoscopy
        Sorry to hear that brother. I hate finances when it comes to a new vehicle.

Comment

That’s where is always goes south no matter how many times you tell them no add ones, no warranty I want my financing etc
          Buying a car is miserable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
            Sorry to hear that brother. I hate finances when it comes to a new vehicle.
            Thank you sir. Poor poor Dos had a crappy experience while buying himself a brand new truck. While the experience suked, there are folks with lots bigger problems than mine. You can check it out when y’all come down

Comment

It is so dang hard for me to leave the house knowing I’m headed to a dealership. I’ve actually only done it twice in the last 21 years and both times I had no choice and I’ve still never bought a new one. I imagine that’s even worse

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                That’s where is always goes south no matter how many times you tell them no add ones, no warranty I want my financing etc
                Buying a car is miserable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Makes you wonder how many people just sign and end up with a stupid interest rate.
                My sales guy asked me once where I wanted my payment. I told him I would leave if he asked that again. I need to know the price and the interest rate. You let me worry about the payment.

Comment

Thank you sir. Poor poor Dos had a crappy experience while buying himself a brand new truck. While the experience suked, there are folks with lots bigger problems than mine. You can check it out when y’all come down
                  Sounds good look fwd to it.

Comment

Makes you wonder how many people just sign and end up with a stupid interest rate.
                    My sales guy asked me once where I wanted my payment. I told him I would leave if he asked that again. I need to know the price and the interest rate. You let me worry about the payment.
                    They prey on the stupidity of buyers. My mother-in-law got hosed on a 75 month term to get the payments lower. Interest rate is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                      They prey on the stupidity of buyers. My mother-in-law got hosed on a 75 month term to get the payments lower. Interest rate is ridiculous.
                      I hate that for y’all. I’m sure I overlooked something. Having put yourself in a position to buy a new car should make people proud. I feel like I got slimed
                      Last edited by dosrobles; 09-18-2022, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Hopefully these dealers days are coming in the not too near future for their lack of ethics. Just proves they are still the lowest form of whale wastes deep in the ocean.

Comment

Go in a luxury or higher end dealership and crud like that almost never happens. I’d gladly pay more for a vehicle to not deal with the scum bag tactics. My wife’s car is considered a luxury car (even though it didn’t cost much more than my truck) and they were an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Comment

Did you buy a tundra?

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                              Did you buy a tundra?
                              Did, we have had 10 for company vehicles. They have been pretty bullet proof over the years.

Comment

Working...
                              X