James Daughtrey bow hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Daughtrey bow hunt

Has anyone draw this hunt before. Wondering if you really need a boat to get to some of the compartments. The book shows that you can drive to them all.

Yes and no. If you get some compartments it is either boat or unbelievably thick brush that you need a machete to get through. Depending on timing, you may also have a duck hunter or bass fisherman every 100 yards along the shore.

Comment

No, you don't need a boat. All compartments are accessible by vehicle for draw hunts.

Comment

Thanks for info.

Comment

It wouldn't hurt to call, they do have some compartments that are only accessible by boat, but most of the compartments are accessible by driving or walking.

Comment

Main property or North Shore unit?

If North Shore, it is tough and success is low to none.

Comment

Access to the North Shore unit for the E-postcard hunt is boat only.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivershack21 View Post
                Has anyone draw this hunt before. Wondering if you really need a boat to get to some of the compartments. The book shows that you can drive to them all.
                If its like before they give you the gate code to the lock and once you open it, you drive right in, park and go about your hunt. Any questions PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                  If North Shore, it is tough and success is low to none.
                  A kid took at 160 from there about three years ago, youth rifle hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                    A kid took at 160 from there about three years ago, youth rifle hunt.
                    He asked about the bow hunt.

Comment

Kinda of upset. My son won the hunt and I just found out today he didn’t accept it. Which is good someone else can win it on second draw but man I was hoping he go find a good one over there

Thank y’all for info.
                      Good luck to everyone on up coming hunts.

Comment

A bulldozer would be more helpful than a boat in some areas

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                          He asked about the bow hunt.
                          I realize that.

I was attempting to give him a glimmer of hope.

All of the Daughtrey/Choke deer archery hunts are challenging due in part because they are held end of December/first of January. Which is after the primary rut and after the Gun Deer Management, GDE Youth, GD Management Youth and GD Youth Anterless/Spike hunts. Lots of lead being slung around before the archery hunt.
                          Last edited by Mule Skinner; 09-16-2022, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Hunted turkeys there. 2 or 3 groups went north shore without a boat. The stuff by the office is easily done by truck

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                              I realize that.

I was attempting to give him a glimmer of hope.

All of the Daughtrey/Choke deer archery hunts are challenging due in part because they are held end of December/first of January. Which is after the primary rut and after the Gun Deer Management, GDE Youth, GD Management Youth and GD Youth Anterless/Spike hunts. Lots of lead being slung around before the archery hunt.
                              I have done the archery North Shore hunt a couple times.

The landowner to the north notoriously draws the deer off the place prior and during the hunts by feeding them out.

Not saying it can be done, just saying odds are almost nil. I did shoot a pig on one of my hunts. Only saw two does other than that 100’s of yards away during all out time there.

Comment

Working...
                              X