Fairfield state park sold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
    Grew up fishing, swimming, and taking girls there at night to do fun stuff. End of an era for sure, but it's been dead for a few years now.
    Dead? The bass fishing was on fire there last year, the lake is chock full of grass now.

Comment

TPWD website says tilapia are no longer present in the lake. I talked to a friend of mine who used to work for TPWD fisheries about how they would establish that, and it is a pretty dang conclusive and thorough process. I'm sure the snowpocalypse nuked any that were left after the power plant shut down years ago. A real shame because we used to wear them out bowfishing there.

Comment

The lease actually runs to December butttt... get out there while you can. Whoever bought it is not obligated to continue the lease to the state once the sale is closed. Since states lease is with the previous owner that lease should be null and void once ownership changes hands. I'm guessing we won't be getting back our app fee or preference points for the deer draw hunt out there either.

Comment

Working...
        X