Sober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    Congratulations OP. I decided on Memorial Day of this year that I wanted to be the best Father I could for my little girl that is on the way. I just couldn't factor alcohol into that equation. I had one glass of wine on our anniversary this month, but other than that I don't plan on going back. I hope I can stay as strong as you.
    You have a lot of reasons! Keep your guard up and don't forget He's ready to help if you need Him. All you gotta do is ask.
    Bobby

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Happy birthday brother ! Just made 10 yrs in May. Congrats !.

He Did for us what we couldn’t do for ourselves. Amen!

Comment

That is a huge accomplishment for sure and I know it was not and still is not easy - God is good

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Congratulations on getting those demons under control and you had the right Guy to ask for help “GOD Himself.”

Comment

Congratulations Bobby and all you other fellers who have recovered from your addictions to the bottle.
              Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

That’s amazing, wife and I quit 21 months ago, still going strong but this gives me encouragement. When you stop drinking you realize who your drinking buddies are vs true friends. It seems at times we are the only non drinkers on earth, finding new friends that aren’t drinkers is tough, seems like everyone drinks, but our faith, family, and life’s are so much better since we quit.

Comment

Congratulations, keep it up.

Comment

Congratulations!!! Makes me happy to read a post like this. Someone very close to me is coming up on 4 years and I am very thankful for the choice they made!

Comment

congrats brother, one day at a time

God is GREAT !

Comment

Congratulations on giving up alcohol but more for giving God a chance to help you do it.
                        He will never fail you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congratulations! Keep up the good fight!

Comment

Congratulations. Sure wish everyone that needs the help could be as strong as you.

Comment

Originally posted by NBK75 View Post
                              That’s amazing, wife and I quit 21 months ago, still going strong but this gives me encouragement. When you stop drinking you realize who your drinking buddies are vs true friends. It seems at times we are the only non drinkers on earth, finding new friends that aren’t drinkers is tough, seems like everyone drinks, but our faith, family, and life’s are so much better since we quit.
                              Truth. What's funny is IDC if someone drinks around me any more than if I'm on a diet and you order a big mac.

Comment

First and foremost Congratulations. That is awesome.

I am going on 2 years. A few hiccups along the way. I do miss the drinks not the drunk.

Comment

Working...
                                X