Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s for lunch?

Comment

Illegals have been getting expensive for 10-15 years IMO.
      Similar to what people say big box stores do. Drive out the competition with low prices, then raise them up higher when they close the doors.

Comment

Might try your feed store. See if any of those high school kids need some extra money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

$150/day for the workers around here.

Comment

DB, do you have a tractor with a FIL? When I built my fence, I drove the T post down with the bucket. If your place is sandy like mine, a lot easier to push the T post down with the bucket. Might have to tap it a couple times with the T post driver.
            And if I already didn’t have plans, I could have helped ya out.

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
              What’s for lunch?
              JIB tacos and Sonic chilicheese dogs Duh!

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                $150/day for the workers around here.
                Yep

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck in your search.

Comment

tal vez el decimal en el lugar equivocado ?

Comment

Is this rollback Thursday.

Comment

Anyone want to work on Saturday?

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                        DB, do you have a tractor with a FIL? When I built my fence, I drove the T post down with the bucket. If your place is sandy like mine, a lot easier to push the T post down with the bucket. Might have to tap it a couple times with the T post driver.
                        And if I already didn’t have plans, I could have helped ya out.

In this drought the ground is like concrete. Probably end up just bending the posts. Been my experience in dry texas ground. Maybe a water tote could mitigate that.

Good luck OP. Thats gonna be some hot work fo sho. If you are in a fence in county and that neighbors cows are coming on whats yours maybe you can get them to help with labor or cost of.

Unfortunately 12 bucks in 2022 thanks to 2020-2021 Congress and POTUS’s is like 7.50. Purchasing power wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Ætheling; 07-21-2022, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Yep Last October; I needed to dig Up a old water line 100 feet from house to street. I asked 2 Day laborers if they wanted work. Told them what it was, they told me $25.00! I said no $15.00 and they walked away. None of the others were interested, I said 17.00 we agreed on $20.00. I ended up giving them $150.00 lunch and drinks. Another time I was at Home Depot and needed to load 10 - 80 pound bags of cement dude came up and wanted $20. Ended up waiting 20 minutes for some Lazy Azz from store to load it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                            In this drought the ground is like concrete. Probably end up just bending the posts. Been my experience in dry texas ground. Maybe a water tote could mitigate that.

Good luck OP. Thats gonna be some hot work fo sho. If you are in a fence in county and that neighbors cows are coming on whats yours maybe you can get them to help with labor or cost of.

Unfortunately 12 bucks in 2022 thanks to 2020-2021 Congress and POTUS’s is like 7.50. Purchasing power wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Not around here. All sugar sand. If she has sand, she will be able to push most of it in.

Comment

$200 a day is asking price for my $10 an hour workers. I just moved everyone to bids. I’m not paying $200 a day to watch them smoke cigarettes and drink cokes.

If they want $25 an hour equivalent they can do the math to figure out a bid for the whole job. If I like the price I’ll agree. If not I’ll keep negotiating until I get a price I like.

Comment

What happens if one of the day laborers from home depot gets hurt? Has a heat stroke? Needs an ambulance?

Are you liable for that?

In the old days I wouldn't worry too much about those things but these days no way i would take a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X