No announcement yet.

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not salt obviously but we had a wind out of nowhere on Livingston yesterday eve that churned up the waters bad. 3 rescues by Cape Royale within an hour of it. Winds get up to 20 on the South end of Livingston and you are in a tiny or flat bottomed boat you are in deep trouble. One guy, the driver they fished out if the water at least a hundred yards from his boat. Good thing for life vests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
      Not salt obviously but we had a wind out of nowhere on Livingston yesterday eve that churned up the waters bad. 3 rescues by Cape Royale within an hour of it. Winds get up to 20 on the South end of Livingston and you are in a tiny or flat bottomed boat you are in deep trouble. One guy, the driver they fished out if the water at least a hundred yards from his boat. Good thing for life vests.

That lake can get dangerous in a hurry

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Saturday: Went solo gigging at 4am: stepped over 25, got my 5 in less than half an hour. Caught a couple reds for the box, spent rest of day getting dads boat off water and towing it in.

Sunday: took some family gigging and fishing til 10am: 5 flounder, 4 reds and 1 trout. Not as many flounder, a lot of juveniles and the red fish fishing wasn’t as hot like the past 3 weekends.

Monday: Dad, Bro and fiancé left slip at 7am. I asked Dad what you want to do. He said I want to go fish for flounder with artificial like you did last weekend. So, off we went. Pulled up to my flounder spot, 28 flounder were landed and numerous got off by 9:30. It was something. Dad said it was first time in his 78 years he’s ever experienced a flounder feeding like that, it was on fire. Chasing lures right to our feet, missed them, jigged it back over them and got em!
        Out of the 28 flounder 2 trout and 1 red landed we kept 10 flounder and 1 trout this morning. Gulp White Curly tails was the flavor of choice.

Interesting Fact: those flounder were stacked within about a 20yds radius. Most cast were less than 15 yards.

Other boats hauling butt right past us weren’t more than 30yds away. I bet they were probably wondering why are 4 people standing in shin deep water only an arms length apart from each other and the boat less than 10feet Away from them?! Bunch of dumb dumbs![emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
          Saturday: Went solo gigging at 4am: stepped over 25, got my 5 in less than half an hour. Caught a couple reds for the box, spent rest of day getting dads boat off water and towing it in.

Sunday: took some family gigging and fishing til 10am: 5 flounder, 4 reds and 1 trout. Not as many flounder, a lot of juveniles and the red fish fishing wasn’t as hot like the past 3 weekends.

Monday: Dad, Bro and fiancé left slip at 7am. I asked Dad what you want to do. He said I want to go fish for flounder with artificial like you did last weekend. So, off we went. Pulled up to my flounder spot, 28 flounder were landed and numerous got off by 9:30. It was something. Dad said it was first time in his 78 years he’s ever experienced a flounder feeding like that, it was on fire. Chasing lures right to our feet, missed them, jigged it back over them and got em!
          Out of the 28 flounder 2 trout and 1 red landed we kept 10 flounder and 1 trout this morning. Gulp White Curly tails was the flavor of choice.

Interesting Fact: those flounder were stacked within about a 20yds radius. Most cast were less than 15 yards.

Other boats hauling butt right past us weren’t more than 30yds away. I bet they were probably wondering why are 4 people standing in shin deep water only an arms length apart from each other and the boat less than 10feet Away from them?! Bunch of dumb dumbs![emoji38]

Comment

Congrats! Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
              A couple if friends hut something and tipped the motor off, but it was still connected by the steering cables and was still getting fuel…the motor was till at WOT and was dancing around trying to come in the boat with them each time the prop got back in the water. They said it was pretty western for a minute.

Are you drunk typing?

Comment

YouTube Texas Fishing Tips for that area. Pretty good current info posted weekly by guides

I'll vouch for those fishing guides as well (Captain Doug and Captain Monte) went out with Captain Doug a few months ago and he got us on some good reds.

I'll be down there end of this week fishing the Rockport/Aransas Pass area and will be using their latest video to get in the ballpark.

Comment

Comment

Quick trip this morning, one slot and several rats

Comment

Dang! Triple tail off beach?!

Comment

Congrats Mason & OSO!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                          x2 wow

Comment

I know this will be a long shot but does anyone have an external fuel bladder of at least 50 gallons sitting around they would sell or rent?

We want to go to boomvang from Freeport and only have a 111 gallon tank

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                              We catch more triple tail within 200yds of the beach than anywhere else (in a boat though).

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                                We catch more triple tail within 200yds of the beach than anywhere else (in a boat though).
                                Prove it.

Pics don't count....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X