No announcement yet.

Selling Land Without Realtor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sold some property 6 months ago without listing with an agent. You can get everything that you need from a title company.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
      Raw land, not your homestead 1031 that b****. I don’t know how you get on MLS without a real estate license but I would suggest paying SabineHunter a couple hundred bucks to review your legal docs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you did![emoji1787]

Comment

I use www.landsoftexas.com ($75/month) & use the title company for the docs.
        Last edited by techzan; 06-09-2022, 07:37 AM.

Comment

My question is how do you get an accurate appraisal / market analysis report without using an agent? I’m currently trying to buy a family member out of some joint owned raw land. No realtor has been willing to help me get an accurate value put together without wanting several hundred dollars for their time (clicking a few buttons on their online portal).

Comment

Selling Land Without Realtor

Originally posted by James View Post
            My question is how do you get an accurate appraisal / market analysis report without using an agent? I’m currently trying to buy a family member out of some joint owned raw land. No realtor has been willing to help me get an accurate value put together without wanting several hundred dollars for their time (clicking a few buttons on their online portal).

Have you tried hiring an appraiser?

Regarding the OPs post, put a big for sale sign off front of there’s any traffic on the frontage road.

I don’t see why people are insisting in relatives in a market like this. I’ve bought 2 of my 5 homes for sale by owner. It’s really not that tough. Use a title company. Use an appraiser. Realtors are just mafia middle men.
            Last edited by kyle1974; 06-09-2022, 08:19 AM.

Comment

A land appraiser?

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                A land appraiser?

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk
                I’m just now beginning the research but the two quotes I had were 800 and 1,000 dollars to get an appraisal. I’m not local to where the two properties are, one is in Colorado. The Family member is not 100% sure he wants to sell but we’ve talked about it briefly. I was more hoping to get a close ballpark number to help me get a game plan and help with the initial serious conversation/proposal. I’ve researched on my own on the basic online sites for similar properties for sale and they vary quite a bit.

Didn’t mean to get side tracked from OP thread.

Comment

Sounds like everyone is wanting all the benefits of hiring an agent, but just don't want to pay for it.

There is definitely a lot more involved than just clicking a few buttons.

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                  Realtors are just mafia middle men.
                  Wow. Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                    Sounds like everyone is wanting all the benefits of hiring an agent, but just don't want to pay for it.

There is definitely a lot more involved than just clicking a few buttons.

Wow. Ok.
                    stay away from the evil realtors.

Comment

We have an option that allows folks that want to do it all their self use us to list it and we charge a low flat rate. but with that, you only get the listing and minimal input from our end.
                      If you are willing to do all the work yourself, get a flat rate lister. I have a couple in the Bastrop area I could refer you to.
                      But if you want all the duties that a Realtor provides, you have to be willing to pay for that. So you have to decide that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                        Which is? Im just exploring what options are out there for the self seller to take advantage of for exposure. Im certainly competent enough to handle everything else. I understand these threads will bring out the realtors defending their profession. I'm not bashing, just trying to stretch every dollar I can to pull this deal off.

So I circled back with my realtor friend with a few questions, and she made the comment that she would not be collecting commission as a friend, it would just be the 3% for the buyer's agent should one bring us a buyer. I can make that work to push this along more. You can bet Ill be praying tonight for the Lord to guide us through on this one.
                        Last edited by solocam_aggie; 06-09-2022, 01:36 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry, as her friend, you should pay her 1% for her time and trouble IMO. Good luck with your deal going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                            I'm sorry, as her friend, you should pay her 1% for her time and trouble IMO. Good luck with your deal going forward.
                            We recently bought 3 pieces of land with no realtor. Title company took care of everything except the simple purchase and sell agreement I cobbled together.

Sold another with no realtor. Paid a niece a flat fee to list it.
                            I showed it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                              Which is? Im just exploring what options are out there for the self seller to take advantage of for exposure. Im certainly competent enough to handle everything else. I understand these threads will bring out the realtors defending their profession. I'm not bashing, just trying to stretch every dollar I can to pull this deal off.

So I circled back with my realtor friend with a few questions, and she made the comment that she would not be collecting commission as a friend, it would just be the 3% for the buyer's agent should one bring us a buyer. I can make that work to push" this along more. You can bet Ill be praying tonight for the Lord to guide us through on this one.
                              "Which is" pretty much everything you are asking about. Man I get it. Not knocking you. Every seller wants to maximize their $$. And every buyer wants to pay as little as possible. There is some good advice on here and some that is not so good. Generally speaking, a Realtor will get you more $$ than you will get as a FSBO. And having someone represent YOUR interests is a good thing. Some see the value, some don't. There can be a lot of moving parts to a real estate transaction. Some are fairly easy, some are not. Hopefully yours goes smoothly. But I'd pay your friend something for helping you.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                                We recently bought 3 pieces of land with no realtor. Title company took care of everything except the simple purchase and sell agreement I cobbled together.

Sold another with no realtor. Paid a niece a flat fee to list it.
                                I showed it myself.
                                Not sure what this has to do with my statement to the OP. Sounds like you had it going on. He said his friend would do it as a friend for -0- and I stated as her friend he should pay her something, that's it. My opinion for what it may be worth.

Chance is spot on. My wife does some deals that I'd swear all she makes is about a buck fifty an hour as much time and effort as she puts into it. Some are easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X