Solo hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pirk View Post
    My hunting buddy past way little over a year ago, so I've been hunting solo.

Sorry to hear that. Never alone with the memories of previous hunts though.

Comment

I like to have a camp of tolerable people to come back to of course, but prefer to be on my own or with the kiddos when actually hunting.

Comment

Like both, just depends on the situation

Comment

90 percent of my hunting is solo in public lands.

Comment

I do. Feels like i'm more flexible and can come and go as I please and I hate seeing other people cold, bored, sleepy, etc. And I feel responsible for other people's failure if it doesn't go well.

If it's just me, an "unsuccessful" hunt is just a peaceful quiet weekend.

Comment

I deer and hog hunt alone. Unless my son goes with me or it's a day hunt type of thing.. but 90% of the time it's just me . Same with fishing.. I don't feel the pressure of putting someone on fish or in a position to kill something.

Comment

If there is a certain animal I am after or I am wanting to just get away from people in general I enjoy hunting alone. About 90% of the hunting I have done in the past 10 years or so has been alone and I have enjoyed every bit of it except for being camped out alone and passing my first kidney stone. I have had places to go but not necessarily the permission or authority to take whoever I wanted with me. I am not one that imposes on people and their property and invites everyone I know and their dog to go with me somewhere just because I was told I could go hunting. Crap like that really ticks me off and is extremely disrespectful in my eyes. The past couple years the more I drive to the property or places I hunt and camp out alone, cook alone, work alone, eat alone, hunt alone, have successful hunts alone the more I would like to have a hunting buddy with me. I recently got my brother in law into shooting and hunting and as well as my girlfriend and I find more happiness and joy working with them and teaching them and reveling in their success. Granted when the buck I want is around I would rather hunt alone or make it KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that if he walks out he is mine lol!!!!

Comment

Alone 99% of the time

Comment

I enjoy having folks in camp and that atmosphere but when its time to chase those horns its solo

Comment

Depends what I'm huntin really.

Turkey-With someone

Predator huntin-Both,alone most of the time.

Game birds-With someone.

Deer-With someone.

Rattlesnakes-Alone.....not that I had to state the obvious. Nobody wants to do that.

Comment

All the time, fishing too, I usually make a call two to see if anyone wants to go but never let let it stop me if they don’t, if I get the urge to do something I do it, probably one of the reasons I’m not married anymore, the exes birthday was in late December, 28th if memory serves right, and I pretty much spend every year down in south Texas from Christmas through New Years, she’d find something to complain about regardless so might as well be hunting, oh well like George always said, vaya condios, easy come easy go

Comment

Me, myself and I are always hanging out to include hunting... I can't seem to get away from those two.

Comment

My son is 21, I have carried him with me most everywhere I’ve hunted since he was old enough to go. We have had some great adventures, except for him, I’m by myself.

Comment

I used to hunt alone most of the time. Nowadays, if I hunt I am usually with one of my sons or grandkids, or old friends. Don't care much to hunt alone anymore. If I am alone, I usually just get on the tractor and get some work done. Of course, I'll strap on a pistol in case of varmints.

Comment

I absolutely love hunting alone and quit seriously always have better success doing so. Unfortunately (fortunately) wife and kids love to hunt so I rarely ever have the opportunity to hunt by myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X