Solo hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
    It depends really on the type of hunting.

If I’m hunting in Texas, in stands and at a camp it is nice to have someone to share the fire with after the day is done.

If I’m backpacking into the backcountry, solo all the way so that all the successes and failures fall on me and only me. Plus there’s something about being alone in the vast wilderness you can’t get anywhere else.

Same [emoji115][emoji115]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
      I do prefer to hunt on my own, however my son is now 10 and has been tagging along with me on some hunts, and the older he gets the more he is in tow. I am more then happy to take him, but I also need to hunt with just me and the Lord. I get more out of being in the woods then just watching deer, and have found it to be a safe place of refuge and sanity.
      This is also a very good reason. Some days I just need to be alone and out there

Comment

When I hunt alone I prefer to be by myself.

Comment

I can't say I completely prefer it, but I certainly enjoy it. Thankfully the buddies I do hunt with, typically all hunt the same way so when we do hunt together we pretty much have the same intentions and ideas. My favorite part about being solo and solo trips is not questioning who is going to shoot and going at whatever pace I want. Sometimes it's hauling *** the hillsides and other time I might spend an hour to just sit and soak it in.

Comment

The older I get I enjoy my wife's company more and more.

Comment

It's more fun to have other people in camp but when I'm actually hunting I prefer alone. One of the main reasons I hunt is the heightened sensory effect and the way my mind clears. It's also why I prefer bowhunting out of a tripod or tree stand. I have a t-shirt that shows a bow hunter in a nice setting with "gone thinking" printed on it, my sentiments exactly. If I have someone else next to me it's like a radio is playing.

Comment

I hunt Bow season alone. When gun season opens that’s when I start taking the kids. Unless they’re not at least a day ahead in their school work. If they’re not ahead in school work then I’ll go by myself.

Comment

My hunting buddy past way little over a year ago, so I've been hunting solo.

Comment

Solo or with my Son now. Much more enjoyable to me, and I dont have to worry about getting back to camp to feed everybody, keep them entertained, etc.

Comment

I’m so addicted to taking others and especially guiding kids that I can barely remember hunting by myself. A wife and 3 boys that hunt, adds to that. Quite honestly it’s been years since I’ve shot a deer myself, always leave em for someone else to get. Started thinking the other day that I need to sneak off to the turkey woods by myself this year a couple times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It just has a whole different fee of adventure. I appreciate it more whe my plan comes together. I mostly hunt the ground so it’s a lot more fun

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                          is the second person your wife?

Comment

Easy to manage and get things done the right way when you do it solo, but i have places that i hunt with a group and its more fun. One way produces bigger deer and the other produces more entertainment

Comment

I hunt to be as close and connected as I can to the natural order that my forbears lived for hundreds of thousands of years. I also hunt to be as far away from man and society/civilization as possible. Its a spiritual rite to me. I hunt alone. Hiking does this for me as well. Connected in the woods.
                              Last edited by Ætheling; 03-14-2019, 01:09 PM.

Comment

mostly hunt alone but love it when my boys can go to. Been on several of the TXPW draw hunts, pretty cool to meet new folks that love to hunt. Otherwise, found that its pretty rare to find another hunter that shares all your same views and ethics though so is why I tend to solo mostly.

Comment

Working...
                                X