sprayer for ATV ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sprayer for ATV ...

I'm going to need to spray two large areas on my land to kill grass and weeds for future replanting, one plot is 8 acres, another is a little over 7 acres.
    Which works better on an ATV, a pull-behind sprayer or one that is mounted onto the ATV itself? Price will also be a big issue.

Subbed

Comment

Check out this 31 gallon spray at Northern Tool for $299

Comment

For smaller tanks I much prefer the ones that mount on the fourwheeler. Easier to maneuver in tight brush areas. Plus you don't have to worry about flats with a trailer pull-behind. I use my four wheeler tank to spray fencelines and tight areas that my tractor can't get.

For larger applications I got a 150 gallon 3-point mounted tractor sprayer. Same reasons as stated above, but allows me to cover larger pastures.

That's what works for me and my application.

Comment

I much prefer one on the ATV with a boomless tip. Still 15 acres is a lot of spraying for a atv sprayer but doable.

Comment

Pull behind will be able to carry more fluid but they are more expensive. I have a 40 gallon I carry in my rhino with a boneless nozzle. I'm calibrated at 12 gallons an acre. So your water availability will be an issue. An ATV will haul a full 25 gallon sprayer at best. Where you located I have a spraying side business I may could quote you cheaper than you buying everything?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d go with the 30gal mounted on back of atv. It will spray about a 12ft width. I have a pull behind and rack mount and they both have there uses. The pull behind works great behind my lawn mower in the yard for pre emergent and herbicide treatments.

Comment

Atv mounted and BOOMLESS! No need in adding flat tires to a simple process

Comment

I would personaly rent a big sprayer. I would not spray 8 acres with a UTV

Comment

get a FEMCO sprayer with dual booms that attaches to the back rack of the ATV

Comment

Top nozzle is on my 25 gallon tank called a “boominator” will spray about 16’ with a 1.8 gpm pump

Bottom nozzles are on my 500 gallon rozell and spray about 30’ @45 psi. These are the only 2 I would have. @&$^ a bunch of booms. Unless you just like to weld things that break... them get booms
                      Attached Files

Comment

Mounted to the atv would work best. That tow behind would probably flip. Is there no feed store near by that you can rent a big rig from?

Do have a decent size disk and shredder? Shred and then disk a few time to kill the grass and weeds.
                        Last edited by JeffK; 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                          Pull behind will be able to carry more fluid but they are more expensive. I have a 40 gallon I carry in my rhino with a boneless nozzle. I'm calibrated at 12 gallons an acre. So your water availability will be an issue. An ATV will haul a full 25 gallon sprayer at best. Where you located I have a spraying side business I may could quote you cheaper than you buying everything?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                          Graham's really far away from me.

Comment

I've got a sprayer I would sell...I've used it 3 times. It goes on the back rack of the wheeler....

Comment

Working...
                            X