No announcement yet.

2019/2020 bosque county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are y'all seeing many doves? I'll be between china springs and valley mills for the opener.

Comment

I will be out at our place this weekend shredding, plowing and planting. Got the cameras up 2 weeks ago and am excited to pull the cards and see what has been going on. My son believes this will be his first year to shoot a deer, He still needs to prove it to me on a pig.

Comment

Originally posted by JWF View Post
        I plowed my little 1/4 acre plot up this past weekend. When and what do you usually plant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I plant approximately 6 acres, oats, wheat, chicory, rape, arrow leaf, red and white clovers. Some years i will broadcast 100 pounds of winter peas and back drag before i sling the other seed, just depends.

One thing, sling your bigger seeds first them back drag, then sling your clovers on top and walk off.

Rwc

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
            Are y'all seeing many doves? I'll be between china springs and valley mills for the opener.
            Seeing bigger numbers in McLennan County than I am on my Bosque grounds.

While plowing Monday, i did notice good groups landing late on rocks up and down river to drink before roosting.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by JWF View Post
              Excellent. Thanks for the info

You betcha, i have also had great luck with radishes and turnips for a late season food source.

Clifton feed and Service Center sales a real good clover mix, “Plot Topper”.

Lastly don’t forget that Bar None will have there corn sale starting tomorrow or Thursday.

Rwc

Comment

Just an FYI or heads up, allot of the Live Oaks and Red Oaks on both my McLennan and Bosque grounds are dropping half mature acorns. First time I noticed was late last week while scouting some of Uncle Trumps ground around the lake.

Looked at a dozen or so yesterday on my river grounds and behind the house and all but 2 where dropping. They are only about half to quarter filled out. I did not notice less activity around feeders but I would assume animals will migrate towards them once they are found.....

So if you start to see less activity around your feeders, you might want to go look under a few of your acorn tress.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                  Just an FYI or heads up, allot of the Live Oaks and Red Oaks on both my McLennan and Bosque grounds are dropping half mature acorns. First time I noticed was late last week while scouting some of Uncle Trumps ground around the lake.

Looked at a dozen or so yesterday on my river grounds and behind the house and all but 2 where dropping. They are only about half to quarter filled out. I did not notice less activity around feeders but I would assume animals will migrate towards them once they are found.....

So if you start to see less activity around your feeders, you might want to go look under a few of your acorn tress.

Rwc

Noticed a drop in buck activity at the feeder. Mommas with fawns are still hitting pretty hard.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Also, just drove up to our lease to pick up some barrels. And have seen several flicks of dove. Big flocks.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Just got back last night from Lease Maintenance in Bosque County and as it is thick and green, Acorns don’t look good. Had to do a lot of cutting and preparation. Cameras and feeders are now on and I am anxious to go back out in 2 weeks to finish and see what’s coming in. Little dove sighting but good Turkey as usual. Lone Doe standing under a shaded tree.

Comment

Finished up prepping all my food plot grounds, had all intentions of going ahead and slinging seed yesterday. But, when I was in Clifton Feed and Service Center picking up my plot topper clover mix's, Sherry mentioned the Army worms they were seeing on there Turnersville grounds..................... Soooo after getting totally wiped out last year by Army worms, I went ahead and made the decision to wait a few more weeks.

Cameras are still showing good numbers with all bucks but one rubbed slick.

Rwc

Comment

My place sold! Imona have to road hunt in front of Richards place I guess...been practicing but dang it's tough shootin' a bow out of a pickup window!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                            My place sold! Imona have to road hunt in front of Richards place I guess...been practicing but dang it's tough shootin' a bow out of a pickup window!
                            I noticed the for sale signs. Hate to hear it. Oh... Buy a shorter bow....... ha ha ha

Stop by and see me one day; if gates open I’m probably down there somewhere.

Rwc

Comment

Couple new bucks showed up this past week. Could anyone help age the drop tune buck. I’m thinking 3.

Comment

A few photos from my water station behind the house in McLennan County. Its dry and hot, and the wildlife are hammering this water. They drain the syrup tube and bucket every two days.

God Bless

Rwc
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X