Bog Deathgrip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justicetx View Post
    I took mine out last night for a lil predator hunting, which I do a lot of. I walk in to all my spots and have been hunting from a Bog tripod for years. I had the regular twist to extend legs with the switcheroo saddle head. The deathgrip hands down is the best tripod I have used. Straight out the box you would think this tripod is $400 and not $130. The legs extend smoothly and clamp firm. The legs have three settings 20,45 and 85 degree. This allows you to lock in the leg angle you want. Fully compressed and legs set at 85 degree you can lay prone. I used it last night standing up. I am 6’0 and it was plenty tall and comfortable. The head clamps easy and held my gun with ease. The head tension can be adjusted up and down and side to side. I like this because having a little tension when following a moving animal makes for a more stable shot. The overall stability of the tripod is amazing. It’s solid. Some cons that I found is there is no numbering on the legs when you extend them out. I extended it and set it to my height, then marked with a white sharpie. It’s not light, but it’s really not supposed to be. It’s about 8-9 lbs. Fully compressed it isn’t too bad, but walking with it extended it’s a little bulky. But for me it’s not a big deal. I am Not walking super long distances. Another thing is if you’re taller then about 6’2 you may need to squat some. I am happy with it. It’s great for my application. I can see it preforming well in a ground blind with a gun or crossbow. Now the true test. Time and use. We’ll see how it holds up. Hope this helps a little.
    If i was going to type up a review this would be dang close.

Only thing i would add Im not very familiar with higher end ones but this one does not have an option for side to side tilt. So you better have the legs fairly level which is easy to do if your in no rush and setting up. If you just slap it down it wont be level.

I 2nd the quality to thought when i pulled it out of the box if i would have had to guess a price i would have said its 4-500$.

Im 6'1 and didnt have a problem with height. Which imo you need to be hunkered over into the rifle a little anyways.

All in all the people that paid 140-160 for the aluminum one should be very happy. I Know i am paying 215 for the carbon fiber.

Comment

Got my aluminum deathgrip yesterday. It IS well made for sure. The sale was great, paid $130 and I plan to use it quite a bit for all my ground blinds. So far learning how to use it was fairly straightforward. I’d get it if you’re in the market for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Couple of photos Incase someone wanted to see. It’s a beast and holds the rifle rock steady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Very well build product for the price. Bog did a great job bring this out at this price point. Have only been out on one hunt with it but it's rock solid.
          Attached Files

Comment

I wish they had mad it possible to put a pan head on it for glassing too. It would have made it a lot more utilitarian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine came in on time (5-23-19) took it hunting the next night and killed a 170# boar. Works great and worth the price.

Comment

Got mine in today and already did some shooting off it. For the price point I think it will be hard to beat. My kids already like it better than my other big pod for shooting from a ground blind. It is much more sturdy.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                  I wish they had mad it possible to put a pan head on it for glassing too. It would have made it a lot more utilitarian.

It does not pan? This seems like a necessity for a hunting application.

Comment

looks perfect for intended use.

Comment

I only have one hunt on mine but for the money it seems hard to beat compared to prices of other options.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                        It does not pan? This seems like a necessity for a hunting application.
                        Mine pans

I think quackadikt was just meaning he wished the head would change out to allow mounting an optic

The saddle is made onto the pan and tilt portion, does not separate

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                          Mine pans

I think quackadikt was just meaning he wished the head would change out to allow mounting an optic

The saddle is made onto the pan and tilt portion, does not separate
                          Ok, that makes more sense.

Comment

BTLowry got it. That’s exactly what I meant.

Comment

The boy using it yesterday plinking. He gave it two thumbs up.

Comment

Would this be too big to use in a 2 man ground blind? Without kicking the other person out that is

Comment

Working...
                                X