Building blind base, engineering help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
    Would be easier to understand if you take pics of your sidewalk chalk drawings and post them

We could most likely find a way to interpret
    This thread is no different than any other PB2 thread

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
      Would be easier to understand if you take pics of your sidewalk chalk drawings and post them

We could most likely find a way to interpret
      You just lack imagination and the ability to think

Comment

Building blind base, engineering help needed

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
        Hey man no offense but i am once again lost in this thread.

You asked about hay rings then showed a picture of a camera and then said you sold them to a guy you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m slightly confused too. Oh well, guess PB2 has moved on from whatever he was thinking when he started this thread.

Edit....read post #13 and I’m all straightened out now. Although PB2 seemed disappointed that he sold the rings like he all of the sudden remembered what he was going to use them for after they were sold.

Last edited by MBV77; 05-18-2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
          Well poopy.
          Sold them today to a guy I know.

All you needed to say was, “Since you guys convinced me this was a bad idea, I changed my mind about using the hay rings and sold them .”

That way we would have understood.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
            I’m slightly confused too. Oh well, guess PB2 has moved on from whatever he was thinking when he started this thread.

Edit....read post #13 and I’m all straightened out now. Although PB2 seemed disappointed that he sold the rings like he all of the sudden remembered what he was going to use them for after they were sold.

He hadn't heard that " pop " up till that point.

Comment

It was and is a great idea.

Wrap it in camo burlap lay it flat on the ground sit inside it. Has a built in shooting rail with 360° coverage.
              It being the hay rings.

I was a touch disappointed to sell them but a friend had a need for them where as I had a want for them. I hope you can understand the difference between my use of the words need and want.

Comment

Just incase someone really wants to make a blind of hay rings, it is quite simple.
                Using 3 hay rings on their sides and stacked in a pyramid. Then wrap them with straw mats.
                Build your platform by putting a 20' 6X6 post three feet in the ground outside the front and rear outer edges of the upper ring, a total of 4.
                Using 2X8 boards, connect the top of the posts making approximately a 6X8 platform base.
                Attach at least 1 cross brace one each side and 2 on the front and rear.
                Then put 2X6 or 2X8 floor joists between 16 & 24" apart. NOTE... these can be run front to back or side to side.
                Deck the platform with 3/4" marine grade plywood.
                Attach eyelets for support cable run to the outer edges of the lower rings.
                Add your ladder.
                Now you can put a pop up or build a permanent blind.

note that the platform is above the rings. The rings now look like bales(actual bales can be used) and are for concealment and not as structural support.

Comment

Working...
                X