Supplement for old pup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplement for old pup?

I have an 11 year old Aussie. She has been on dasoquin for a while but recently just totally stopped eating it. Wont eat it if we hide in a snack or even in her food. So, now i need to look for new glucosamine supplement that she'll eat. Just wondering what you guys are feeding to your furry old buddies?

I know yall give joint supplements to your old pups or your working dogs. Just wondering which one yall think is best.

Comment

CBD Products.
      PM if you want some info. I use a great CBD that I also give 2 of my dogs

J

Comment

We get ours from a vet clinic, it is moderately expensive but at least the dog will eat it
        Before we would hide it in some cheese, but sometimes he would spit it out and the other dogs would grab it and eat it, so we switched

Comment

Pilar, which one do you use?

Comment

rymidil ? My wife does the pet health care

Comment

Cbd

Comment

Another vote for CBD. Our 13 year old golden has some stiff hips but they have gotten much better since we started giving him CBD oil in his food.

Comment

We have a 12 year old Gordon Setter that was having so much trouble getting around it was painful to watch. Our vet we suggested we try a supplement called Synovi G4. He said he had gotten some reports of miraculous recovery while others said it did not help a bit - but it was worth a try. About 30 days after giving her one daily the change was remarkable. She is still slow but shows no sign of pain when getting up - she jumps up on the couch again and even runs around the yard a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                    Another vote for CBD. Our 13 year old golden has some stiff hips but they have gotten much better since we started giving him CBD oil in his food.
                    Medical grade CBD or just the OTC CBD? I hear there’s a difference

Comment

cbd

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                        Medical grade CBD or just the OTC CBD? I hear there’s a difference
                        There is no “medical grade”. There is a lot of junk out there. A lot of money to be made and little regulation.

Comment

These seem to have really helped my 11 yr old lab, and they smell like sweet feed for horses. Occasionally my 1 yr old son will go in and try to eat one!

If they are really bad, Rimadyl/Carprofen seems to help. My dog was on it for around 6 months, we saw big improvements and then stopped due to difficulty getting refills, with none of his old symptoms reappearing.

Comment

Working...
                          X