No announcement yet.

Zero Turn Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always thought the Hustler was the best gas ztr out there til I bought a Scag.
    Far,and away the easiest to service,and clean.Everything on it is easy to get to.You're not gonna get it for $5-6k though.
    Kubota diesel is the one that will outlast you,and I don't care how old you are.(couldn't give me a gas Kubota,and yes there's such a thing)It cut so bad,I thought the blades were on upside down.
    Unless they've made major changes,Toro/Exmark will flat beat you to death.It has something to do with the weight distribution.I can mow with 2 flats on the front with a Scag,and still make a decent cut.
    I'd buy another Hustler though,and they're a quite a bit cheaper in comparable models.When I say I've had em all,I ain't joking..If it weren't for fire ant bed's,and pecan twig's I'd like to have another Walker mower.Prettiest cut you ever saw!
    Dixon may be an option also.I had a Dixon Grizzly specifically for one neighborhood.That was kind of their commercial mower,but it was right at 7k 5yrs ago.But it was still lighter than most commercial mowers,which I needed.Good luck.They're all solid machines for the most part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
      Gravely ZT HD. It’s a beast. May be a little higher than the OP’s budget. But it’s a one and done type mower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I have the same mower with LED headlights and a rollbar. It has been a great mower.

Comment

I got the Hustler Raptor SD for $3000 w/ Zero% Financing for 3 years. Had it for a year now. Been an awesome mower!

Comment

I have actually owned a Grasshopper, and now a Big Dog. Both have been stellar. I had a small issue when I first owned the Grasshopper, the dealer came and picked it up, repaired it and brought it back with a full tank and oil change on the house. I don't know if they all do that or not, but I thought it was a nice gesture considering.
          Have had no issues at all with the big dog.

Comment

Anyone ever owned a Wright? Seems there are quite a few professional landscapers on YouTube who swear by them

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
              I have the same mower with LED headlights and a rollbar. It has been a great mower.
              Same minus LEDs. Its a workhorse. I wish it would tow itself out of the creek bottom when my wife gets adventurous on muddy slopes.

In North Austin area...all the big mowing operations use Scag. All the small guys in a truck and/or trailer use Gravely...investment purchases. My yard mower runs all Gravely.

Gravely invented zero turn. Done.
              Last edited by Briar Friar; 05-11-2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I've got a late 90's 50 inch Dixie Chopper that's a good mower. Replaced the deck and engine over the years but no complaints. Bought my wife a 54 inch Spartan last year. If she is gonna mow the grass I got her own mower. Only 40 something hours but good so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                  Same minus LEDs. Its a workhorse. I wish it would tow itself out of the creek bottom when my wife gets adventurous on muddy slopes.

In North Austin area...all the big mowing operations use Scag. All the small guys in a truck and/or trailer use Gravely...investment purchases. My yard mower runs all Gravely.

Gravely invented zero turn. Done.
                  I stick mine quite often, she’s a heavy pig

Comment

I forgot to update the post but I went with a Gravely Pro Turn ZX52. Kawasaki FX engine. Put a couple hours on and am really impressed so far. Very responsive on turning etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just purchased a Ferris so far I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
                        Check out grasshopper they might be a little more than you want to spend. Im still running my 2007 model 223 61” cut and it is an awesome mower.
                        x2 on the grasshopper. They make a great one.

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
                          You will not find a more comfortable ride than the Ferris! They make a dang good mower.

2018 ferris 27hp briggs commercial w52 deck
                          2019 ferris 23hp kawasaki fs691v w52 deck

I love my 36” Ferris the best purchase I have ever made

Comment

Originally posted by M6A2REPR View Post
                            How many acres do you mow and how much time do you have to mow?

My dad and i both have Ferris IS2100 his is a 52" 25hp and mine is a 61" 28hp. He mows 5 acres once to twice a week which takes him 3.5 hrs. I mow 3.5 acres in 1.5 hours. Our Ferris cost $8100 for 52" and $8500 for 61".

I do not have the time my dad has to mow. Also make sure you get enough motor if you plan to cut higher grass.

I would highly reccomend the Ferris to anyone due to comfort alone. They do have other models below the IS2100 that will be in your price range.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Pm coming to ya sir

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                              I forgot to update the post but I went with a Gravely Pro Turn ZX52. Kawasaki FX engine. Put a couple hours on and am really impressed so far. Very responsive on turning etc.

Nice looking mower... Couple of suggestions from experience. 1. that roll over protection is on there for a very good reason. It has 2 positions in the up position. I'd strongly suggest at least put it in the first position if you don't want it right over you. It could and will save your life in a roll over if you have any slopes at all to cut. It don't take much to roll one of these suckers over, even going slow... Hydraulics have almost unlimited power even going slow and in a panic situation can and will roll you over in slow motion... long as one drive wheel is touching the ground.
                              2. be careful when mowing around trees and other hard objects and hitting them with those front wheels. Those yokes are sheet metal that is fabricated and braced as opposed to a cast yoke of a commercial machine. They can and will bend easier than you think.

Good luck and happy mowing!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Nice looking mower... Couple of suggestions from experience. 1. that roll over protection is on there for a very good reason. It has 2 positions in the up position. I'd strongly suggest at least put it in the first position if you don't want it right over you. It could and will save your life in a roll over if you have any slopes at all to cut. It don't take much to roll one of these suckers over, even going slow... Hydraulics have almost unlimited power even going slow and in a panic situation can and will roll you over in slow motion... long as one drive wheel is touching the ground.

2. be careful when mowing around trees and other hard objects and hitting them with those front wheels. Those yokes are sheet metal that is fabricated and braced as opposed to a cast yoke of a commercial machine. They can and will bend easier than you think.

Good luck and happy mowing!

Thanks for info. My ground is pretty much flat and have too many trees to go under to leave it up.

My residential model hustler I ran into hundreds of tree and/or fence posts and never damaged one of those yokes. Maybe you need to be going full speed head on into something to tear one up?

Comment

Working...
                                X