Mexico 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonBon View Post
    We have three spots available on a 28K acres ranch behind lake Amistad. There will be a total of 7 hunters. The cost is $5,000 per hunter plus feed which around $2,500 per person this year. We feed corn year round at 26 feed station and have four timed and five free choice protein feeders. We also have cottonseed rings at all 26 spots. Our first year to hunt the ranch was this last year and we are still getting things the way we want them. We have a brand new house/double bedroom and are adding a new common room so we can expand the kitchen. While we took some management deer we did not take any trophies last year. The El Rey ranch which was once a part of the Seco has a great track record but out of the 5 ranches that comprise a total of 150,000 acres only one 173” was taken. I would love to say why but our entire area was slow for 6.5 yr old bucks. As you will see we are in a great genetic area with some tremendous up in comers. I’m not going to promise booners behind every bush as I am looking for long term hunters but with that said we are going to take some big deer and they have in the past. This is a year round lease with very few javis or hogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great looking place. Good Luck! [emoji106]

Comment

Comment

Those are some good looking feeders! they should help you grow some big ones!

Comment

We are hoping so. We are headed down this weekend to get them fine tuned.

Comment

Give us a report when you get back. When I was down two weeks ago it was DRY. I haven't seen any signs of rain since then....But January and February are typically our driest months.

I hope the El Nino kicks in and we get those super-critical April rains and the ranches all green up.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
              Give us a report when you get back. When I was down two weeks ago it was DRY. I haven't seen any signs of rain since then....But January and February are typically our driest months.

I hope the El Nino kicks in and we get those super-critical April rains and the ranches all green up.

Scary thing is we’re due for a dry year [emoji30]

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                Scary thing is we’re due for a dry year [emoji30]

Chut your mouth! Don't say it!

Nice looking feeders for sure!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Chut your mouth! Don't say it!

Nice looking feeders for sure!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Lmao i felt slimy just typing it [emoji1787]

Comment

Looking green in our neck of the woods

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                      Looking green in our neck of the woods

God i love our place. Its like heaven.

Comment

What is the tax rate for feeders and blinds brought to Mexico and who determines the value. Just leased a place in Mexico. Havent hunted there in about 20 yrs so I am sure things have changed since then. If felt good to get back to Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Slickrick View Post
                          What is the tax rate for feeders and blinds brought to Mexico and who determines the value. Just leased a place in Mexico. Havent hunted there in about 20 yrs so I am sure things have changed since then. If felt good to get back to Mexico.

Safe avg in my dealings has been around 16% but several times they’ve just thrown out random numbers and we’ll....you pay it lol

Comment

Some places will give you “Mexico “ receipts so the tax isn’t as much. Just don’t get to far away because they do have the internet.

Comment

Had a great time at the lease. Everything is in bloom. All the black brush looked great. We found a few sheds including a matching set which was very cool. We filled a spot and are now only looking for two people.

Comment

Originally posted by Slickrick View Post

16% is correct and they can/will look up on line what your bringing in. My advice is everything in moderation. Don’t bring in 100 hog panels at once. Take 25 or so and try and have your own “receipt” with a fair dollar amount. Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X