What's your side hustle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
    I work the glory hole at Love’s Truck stop #69.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve always wondered who was on the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
      Is there really good money in that??

Depends on what you call good money. I was averaging $200-400 a week. But I also live just down the road from my traps so my cost is low. I’d keep hogs in the trailer for a couple days and keep them cool and sell twice a week or so. It’s s good way to pay to keep my feeders full.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        Unpopular opinion but maybe get a career that doesn’t require a side hustle?

Ain’t no way I’m gonna bust my tail at one place to only have to do it again for another person.
        Hell of a thought process here

Comment

Hunting Guide and Taxidermy has been a nice little side hustle for me

Comment

Called overtime

A lot of people are on salary and do not get overtime

Just wait until your kid starts up in activities growing up that cost a lot of extra money and feel it at the end of the month. I bet your attitude will change

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post

Just wait until your kid starts up in activities growing up that cost a lot of extra money and feel it at the end of the month. I bet your attitude will change

Hence my original post maybe a change in “careers”? I’m not bashing side hustlers at all I’m just say you’re not stuck go find you a job that can fill all your needs. A man should be able to work a fairs day work and not have to grind himself into the dirt. And i have 3 kids all in extra curricular activities if they need something i work over time.

Comment

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post

I work with some of those folks. Come in late nearly every morning and take advantage of leaving at lunch getting paid for the whole day....

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    No more side hustle, I missed out on a lot of huntin,fishin and family time doing a second job, almost 20 years worth. I regret working all the time back then and not doing things with my family, especially my dad. He was always asking me to go coon huntin or fishin and I always told him I was too busy. When I did go with him all I thought about was work.

Reckon I let money get in the way.
                    My every day fight! I just feel selfish about time to myself hunting.

Comment

Flipping houses here and there and booking STX hunts are my side hustles.

Comment

Unpopular opinion but maybe get a career that doesn’t require a side hustle?

Ain’t no way I’m gonna bust my tail at one place to only have to do it again for another person.
                        Very true but some folks work wierd hours. Firefighters 2 days a week. Alot of my jobs were always 3 days a week. It's either OT or a side gig if you don't want 4-5 days off a week.

My wife's side gig was making jewelry and designing girly clothes to have printed. It's now become her full time job and she likes it alot more
                        Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 03-13-2019, 10:17 PM.

Comment

I rebuild jetskis and seadoo engines.
                          Broke down they are worthless and can be bought dirt cheap. Plus I enjoy mechanical projects.
                          Brings great side money

Comment

Yikes!
                            For Doritos right?

No side gig here.
                            I'm too busy chasing my tail on my days off to do anything monetarily productive.

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
                              I work with some of those folks. Come in late nearly every morning and take advantage of leaving at lunch getting paid for the whole day....
                              But...some of us have phones that start ringing at 7am and don’t stop until 9pm. Then all weekend too, while hourly guys are off work enjoying the weekend, us salary people are trying to solve problems in the field while trying to sit in a tree stand trying to enjoy ourselves for maybe a few minutes. lol

I know your comment wasn’t personal but a lot of times folks don’t see the whole picture when they might see someone like me, on salary, come in late or leave early. They tend to forget I actually work 7 days a week and have to have my phone shoved up my *** 24/7 to take calls from the field or from customers. Then, not being able to get work out of your head, ever, because as soon as you finish this deadline, another one is on the horizon.

Comment

Well you, sir, have amazingly soft hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X