Cooking trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh water trout.
    Pull out the guts, shove in a pointy stick, and broil over the coals.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Well I’m all in for tonight’s meal. Wife tasted it said it passes the test

Heck yeah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Make a 'paste' of mayo, parm cheese, a few drops of worchestire, and a few drops of lime juice. Coat one side of filets with this mixture. Bake in oven as normal, and last few mins, turn oven on broil to make the mixture a little more firm/crust to it. Try it on any fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
          Fresh water trout.
          Pull out the guts, shove in a pointy stick, and broil over the coals.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            Anybody ever canned Trout like you would for Tuna?
            There are two methods: tinned and canned (glass jars). The tinned method is similar to the cans of tuna you buy in Kroger and the canned method is using glass jars and a pressure cooker, of which I use.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post

Paints His Shirt Red says you fish poorly.

Comment

Make a tomato, onion, garlic, pepper sauce and then cook the trout in the sauce. Serve over rice.

Can't find the recipe right now but basically make like a jambalaya sauce. Spice it up or not.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                  There are two methods: tinned and canned (glass jars). The tinned method is similar to the cans of tuna you buy in Kroger and the canned method is using glass jars and a pressure cooker, of which I use.
                  Yeah I've been wanting to try jarred. You done it with trout? Any good?

Comment

Ever done fish taco's....easy and more stuff the better. When you make fajita's substitute fish instead

Comment

Look up Jeff Blank’s Hot and Crunchy Trout. This is our favorite way to eat it.

Blank was the executive chef at Hudson’s on the Bend back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        Anybody ever canned Trout like you would for Tuna?
                        No but i've thought about it. Next time i get a few types of fish at one time i may give it try. Im thinking trout may be to soft and get mushy but who knows.

Comment

Courtbullion

Comment

Make a batter out of club crackers and Tony's and fry until done

Comment

Trout Laguna-

Take your trout fillets and douse them heavily in green jalapeno tabasco sauce. I add dill too. Let that marinate for an hour at least, longer is better. Pull the fillets out and roll them in flour. Fry in a cast iron skillet with a little olive oil in it. Yeah, it's fried fish but it's different.

Trout Almondine-

I season my fillets, dip in egg wash, roll in panko bread crumbs and bake them on a cookie sheet until browned and crunchy. In a skillet melt real butter. Add sliced almonds and cook until the almonds are browned. You'll smell them when they get all toasty and brown. Take off the heat and squeeze a lemon into the butter and almonds and whisk it in real quick. Pour that over all the fillets.

Parmesan crusted fish-

Season your fillets how you like. Mix up real mayo and parmesan/romano grated cheese blend about half and half. You can season that up if you like, add diced green onion and garlic, a squeeze of lemon, whatever you like. Put a big spoonfull of the mayo/cheese mixture on each fillet and kinda spread it the length of the fillets. You don't need to totally cover them in it. Bake them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 min or so. When the mayo/cheese mixture has spread out over the fish and gets bubbly and brown it's ready.

Comment

I cook it the redneck way -

first and most important is put the beer in the freezer so its nice and cold you can sip while cooking.

Next, follow closely as its complicated.
                                Roll it in mustard, stamp in corn meal, and throw in the hot peanut or olive oil to fry and chow down - dont forget the ketchup

Comment

Working...
                                X